I sighed as the next class walked in. It was the class I was normally in and they all looked confused by my being there.

I went straight over to Harry Ron and Hermione when they walked in, "Sorry I couldn't talk to you earlier. Snape isn't feeling good and Dumbledore asked me to take over his classes. I barely had enough time to tell my professors. I'll explain more at lunch."

I handed them their book and closed up the locker again

They nodded and I went back up to the front of the room. The atmosphere in the room was the opposite as most potions classes. The Gryffindor students seemed more at ease while the Slytherin kids were looking at me with contempt but staying fairly quiet.

I said, "Well I know what your first question will be so Professor Snape isn't feeling well so Dumbledore asked me to take over his classes. You will be working on a simple Swelling Potion. You can begin."

They all got up and began to get ingredients. All of my friends on the Gryffindor side of the room were chatting away following the book with ease. I noticed a Slytherin at the very back of the room. Unlike the other Slytherins who were grumbling about being taught about a Gryffindor, he was working diligently on his potion. I noticed immediately that there was no textbook in sight.

He wasn't sitting near anyone and kept glancing up at the clock.

Quietly I went over to him and whispered, "Are you feeling okay?"

He hadn't noticed my approach and jumped at my voice, "Yeah I'm fine thanks," he mumbled.

I looked at his potion and smiled widely. It had the green mist over it that could only be made by not following the directions in the book.

"You don't follow the book either?" I questioned.

He shook his head and said, "I don't feel a desire to do so. Unfortunately no one else particularly those in my house see why I even bother to try when Professor Snape will give us a good grade anyways."

I was shocked that his voice held a lot of contempt in it. It sounded as though he was mad at his own house and Severus.

"Do you not like Slytherin?" I asked gently.

He shook his head, grimaced and said, "I only wanted to be in it to make my family not disown me. I really don't like any of them. Everyone is really arrogant and rude."

I raised my eyebrows and said, "You certainly don't act like a Slytherin. Most of your peers wouldn't even talk to me since Malfoy hates me so much."

"I hate Draco so much. Of course I can't say so because our fathers are friends," he said barely above a whisper.

I said equally as quiet, "Well that potion looks amazing. Have you talked to Professor Snape about taking a higher level class? You could take a 5th or 6th year class, I'm sure he would say yes."

He shook his head and said, "Honestly he scares me a little. I know he is pretending to favor the Slytherins and if I ask him he would probably say no."

"I can go with you if you'd like. He tends to listen to me."

His face lit up and he asked, "Really? Why?"

"Well he teaches me extra classes because even the 7th year class is too easy for me. He tends to listen to me. I can come with you to ask and tell him I think it would be a good idea."

"That would be great. If he is back tomorrow would you mind coming with me to ask? I don't want your friends to get mad at you for helping a Slytherin though."

I laughed slightly and said, "That's not a problem. They'll understand. He should be back tomorrow so you can ask then. He will have to evaluate you to put you in the right level class."