Chapter 21

I wanted o say sorry for the wait everyone! I've been really busy lately and really uninspired. 

But Here it is!

OH! and also go check out LauraPaynexxx 's story. She's going to be starting a new LiLo one! :)

*Zayn's POV*

As we arrived at Niall's house, after being engulfed in limb crushing hugs, we all went upstairs with our bags.
"Hey Li!" I said, calling him over. "You're bunking with me and Haz this week" I smiled. His face contorted and confusion and then his eyes widened as he began frantically shaking his head.
"no! Nononono! I will not be dragged in your weird sex games! Forget it!" he exclaimed, and obvious blush creeping up his neck and settling on his cheeks. I couldn't help but let out a throaty chuckle.
"Don't be stupid Liam. I got strict orders from a Sir Tommo to keep a close eye on you for the whole week. So c'mon." I smiled holding my hand out to him. "I promise to keep my intimate moments with Harry to a minimum." 
Liam sighed heavily, rolling his eyes in the process but, nonetheless, reluctantly taking hold of my hand. I knew he hated being taken care of but Louis told me everything that had been going on.
To tell you the truth, finding out that Liam self-harmed really broke my heart. He's such an amazing person. All this time he had been taking care of us, making sure we were all okay, always putting us before anything while he was breaking inside. I felt like such a bad friend. I should've noticed. I should've put him before myself. What I don't understand is how a person as perfect as Liam could possibly feel insecure. 
Louis had also told me already what had happened between them. The reasons... Everything. How Niall had finally bursted and told him how much of a dick he was, how he had lied to Liam in order to protect him. Of course I didn't believe he methods were correct but I understand why he did it. He's trying to change... To become a better man. 
I dragged Liam to the guest room where all three of us would be staying. Niall had already confiscated all of his razors, without Liam knowing... We were going to do everything in our power to help him... We owed him that much. They wanted him to know that they would always be there for him. 
You must be asking yourself what Louis' doing right now. According to what he told me, he's getting rid of all the sharp objects in his and Li's apartment. He was also going through Liam's journal, after stealing it from him, to find out what were the things he had to change about himself and to learn more about Liam's thoughts. Now, I know  what you're all thinking, 'why change when you can find someone who loves you for being yourself?’. Louis and Liam… they’re different from other couples… They can’t stand eachother yet they’re completely in love. They’re meant to be, there’s no doubting it. Of course they love everything about eachother, good and bad, but it doesn’t mean they’ll never clash. Being in love and together means making compromises and that’s exactly what Louis’ doing. He’s going to have to grow up sometime anyways…

I dragged Liam to the guest room Harry and I were going to be using, dropping his bag on one of the beds. “Here… use this one… Haz and I’ll share the other one.” I smiled softly. I turned his hand gently so his wrist was facing upward and I moved his long sleeve shirt, my smile instantly fading. “This has to stop okay Li…?” I ran my finger gently over his fresh cuts before looking up at him. His eyes were wide and his skin had visibly paled. “Louis told us… he’s worried about you Li… we all are.” I bit down on my bottom lip, trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to build up in my eyes.

“I don’t need you guys babying me! I know what I’m doing okay?! Just leave me alone!” he snapped while taking his hand from mine and storming out of the room.

*Harry’s P.O.V.*

I heard someone coming down the stairs and plop down on the couch next to me. I looked at him and sighed heavily. “I guess Zayn confronted you about the situation…?” I asked softly, looking at the mop of brown curls that dug into my shoulders. I wrapped my arms gently around his fragile body.

“I didn’t mean to snap at him Haz…” Liam mumbled into my shirt. I rubbed his back in circles gently, softly playing with the material of his sweatshirt, while playing with his hair gently with the other hand.

“I know babe… And he knows too. This must be really hard on you… going through something like this… we just wanted you to know that we’re always going to be here for you… Zayn… Zayn never told anybody about this but… he used to selfharm too… I helped him stop… and I know that all five of us together can help you too Li… we all love you okay…?” I smiled softly before kissing his head softly. It was odd seeing Liam so vulnerable… so broken. Normally he was the one holding me or any of the other boys… His brown eyes were soon gazing into mine as he lifted his head. They were bloodshot and tears were welling up in his eyes. I wonder how long he’s been holding back those tears. I raised my hand to his cheek and began gently wiping his tears away tenderly as they began to descend down his cheeks.

“I… I didn’t know Zayn did it too…” his head dropped down, his eyes looking at his hands that were placed on his lap. “I should’ve noticed…” he sniffled.

“Don’t beat your self up Li… he did it in places where no one was able to see… like his legs and stomach… but as soon as he realized he was going too far, already becoming addicted, he came to me for help. We talked and looked for different ways to deal with depression. Liam, this isn’t the solution to your problems… it’ll only make them worse love… Zayn realized that… and you will too…” I raised his chin softly, placing a soft kiss on his forehead.

“Is that why you two became so close when you and Louis were dating…?” his voice came out soft and broken. I knew him talking about Louis and my relationship was hard on him… I was, technically, the ‘exgirlfriend’ that he’s supposed to hate. I bit my bottom lip and nodded softly.

“Yea… I was helping him and… and I realized I love him… and I know I was a twat for hurting Lou like that… but I guess… I guess I just went with my heart…” I sighed heavily.

“Well… I’m actually kind of glad you cheated on him… I mean… I know how selfish this sounds but… I was actually going to…” he paused, gulping and looking down again. “I was actually going to take my life that week…”

I felt my heart drop and tears instantly fill my eyes. The thought of Liam not being with us was scary, dark and lifeless. I wrapped my arms around him tighter, letting a tear fall from my eye, down my cheek. “Please… please promise me you won’t ever do it… please Li… I can’t imagine my life without one of my best friends… And Louis would be devestated… And-“

“Shut up Harry… I promise okay…?” He smiled a bit at me before snuggling into my chest. I sighed a bit in relief, holding him close until his breathig softened to a slow, steady rhythm.

I hope you enjoyed it! :D

And also I wanted to remind you that if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm always going to be here for all of you!

Love you all!