Chapter 31

Alisha's POV:

Kneeling down behind a tall building on one of the streets, I slowly peeked around the corner to see if he was still around. Pulling back and leaning against the wall, I shook my head as I questioned how I'd gotten myself in this position in the first place. I had only come out into town for grocery shopping, to help my mum out.

~10 mins before~

Walking into the grocery store and grabbing a trolley, I hurriedly made my way through to get the things on my list. Turning down an aisle absent-mindedly, I couldn't believe what I saw. Justin was on the phone, biting his nail and looking at the ground thoughtfully. Right in the nick of time, I slipped away just as he looked up.

Running out onto the streets, I frantically looked around for anywhere that I could hide. Taking a quick glance behind me, I squinted as Justin came running out of the store, also looking around. I spotted a tall building and ran towards it, bumping into people across the way. Kneeling behind it, I caught my breath and eyed Justin slowing down, clearly lost.

"That was a lucky escape," I thought to myself, as I sat down on the concrete ground and caught my breath.

After he had finally gone, I got up and made my way down another street towards a different grocery store. Pulling the list from my back pocket, I scanned through it and made a few more notes of what I had just remembered to get. Slipping it back into my pocket, I looked up to see exactly what I was avoiding. My facial expression completely changed - A frown formed upon my lips and I suddenly felt nauseous. The butterflies in my stomach were worse then ever, and my my stomach had done a total flip. My legs were shaking, clearly knowing that I would have to run again. Even though I knew that I had to get away, I didn't move an inch. It was almost like I was glued to the spot, unable to move, unable to even open my mouth to speak. Time seemed to slow down and freeze as me and him made eye contact from across the street and everything else was a blur - except the two of us.

He walked ever so closer to me, but that's when I snapped. Reality came flooding back to me all at once, and suddenly it wasn't just me and him anymore.

I remembered why I shouldn't be near him, why I should run and never look back - and so I did. I sprinted for dear life across the streets as fresh tears streamed down my face. Everything seemed so blurry and surreal, but I didn't stop. People were looking at me in concern but at this point, I couldn't care less.

This time, I didn't hide behind a building or go into another grocery store, I ran all the way to Harry's house and slammed the door behind me. I slid down it as I put my head in my hands. "I'm sick and tired of all of this, I just want him to leave me alone!" Shouting at nobody in particular, I got up and began kicking the door frantically. Was I going insane? No! I couldn't be going insane, I'm just frustrated. The next time I see him - if I do - I'll be the one walking up to him first, I will speak to him first and tell him exactly what's been on my mind. He needs to leave me alone! Can't he see that I don't love him anymore? I was in love with him at one point in my life, but I practically loathe him now. He can't do anything to change my mind, not after what he did to me. "Alisha?" Harry's voice echoed through the hallway as he walked towards me. "What's wrong baby? Please tell me." He pouted as he rubbed circles on my back, and I couldn't help but burst into a fit of tears. Wiping them away from my cheek, me and Harry sat down as I began to tell him what I hadn't told anyone ever before.

1 Year Ago...

I was on my way home from school, I couldn't have been happier. What more could I ask for? I had a loving and caring boyfriend, a supportive mum, and the greatest friends ever. In the three years that me and Justin had together, I could definitely say that they were the best three years of my life. We always did everything together. We went to water parks, the zoo, France, Spain and even Italy! Smiling to myself as I reminisced all of th good times that we had shared together. All of the pictures taken, the smiles, the happiness and our love.

"Why don't I go visit him right now?" I thought to myself, as I changed my route and made my way to his house. He'd be happy to see me, and anyway I've missed him. I hadn't seen him in 4 days! We had been talking over the phone but that's nothing compared to having the love of your life in front of you as they spoke. I always loved to caress his cheek when he spoke to me, and his words were like soothing music to my ears. We would always lie together and he would trace his fingers around my arms, helping me to fall asleep instantly. When this didn't work on difficult nights, he would sing in my ear and stroke my hair until I fell asleep to his angelic voice, my face buried into his neck. And we would always wake up like that, too.

Approaching his front porch, I turned the handle of his front door to find that it was already open. That was weird. I shrugged it off, and went inside. Looking around, I couldn't find him anywhere in the living room, dining room, or the kitchen. I made my way upstairs carefully, thinking that if he was asleep, then I didn't want to wake him up.

Opening the door to his bedroom, I could almost hear my heart shatter into a million pieces as I gulped down the rising bile in my throat. He was sitting on the bed with a blonde, passionately kissing her. They both broke apart as soon as they saw me, which was a few seconds after I had entered the room. Clearing my throat, I blinked multiple times to keep the tears bacl from falling. I had to be strong, but I couldn't take it. Like glass, my heart shattered and fell to a million little pieces. Unlike glass though, my heart would never be fixed, it would always remain broken even if I did find somebody else to love. Thoughtlessly, I ran up to Justin and began to hit his chest, as I cried.

"Everything Justin! Everything that we ever had was thrown away in one day! Three years of love, kindness, smiles, pictures, our ups and our downs together!! All thrown away! How could you do this!? You WERE my first and my ONLY love! Didn't you care about my feeligs at all!? Were all of the words that you spoke to me lies? Were the good times nothing to you? What about the sad moments that we had together? Was all of that comforting done just to shut me up!? And what about our love - Was it fake? Answer me!" By this time, I was sure that I had left multiple bruises across his chest, but I didn't care. He definitely deserved everything that he got.

I ran away from his house right there and then, sprinting across the front garden. I could hear him running behind me, and he caught my wrist before I could run any farther. "Stop Alisha! Please don't do this. I messed up and it was a mistake!"

"No I made a big mistake in my life! I made the mistake of trusting you and putting all of my care and love into you!" Struggling against his grasp, I pushed him back while I kicked and screamed. I broke free, and ran away to my house.

Justin always called me and texted after we had broken up, leaving me  about 30 missed calls a day and many text messages a day. I couldn't take it anymore as weeks and weeks went by. I blocked and deleted his nunber and changed my phone number, and from that day on, I hadn't seen or spoken to him again. I received the news that he had moved to America, and for the first time in weeks, I felt like I could

breathe again. When he was here, all he was doing was restraining me and I felt like I was suffocating.

End of Flashback~

"I will take care of you, and I will fix your broken heart. Slowly, I will sew all of the pieces of your broken heart together again, and you will learn to love again. It will be our journey together, and I'll lead the way my darling....

I promise." Harry whispered to me, taking my hand and helping me up. With his hands around my waist, he kissed me passionately for a few seconds before he broke away, letting me bury my head into his neck.

I was willing to learn to love again, and I want to open up to Harry. He would be the new love of my life and me and him would remain together.