Chapter 26

Sejal's POV:

Me and Jo were messing about as we walked to school. She stopped dead in her tracks as someone walked by - who was it and what happened?

A quiff of blonde hair and charming blue eyes walked by, talking to a couple of his mates. Jo picked up her pace and scurried off, leaving me to run after her.

What was going on?

"Are you Ok?" Grabbing her by the shoulders, I spun her around to face me. I knew that she wasn't Ok, but she had the guts to look me dead in the eyes and tell me that she was.

~

It was finally the last lesson of the day.

Mr Calvins' maths lesson went on and on, it didn't want to end! I looked at Jo who was sitting on the other side of the classroom. Yeah, we have a bloody seating plan so me and her are far apart. She was already asleep; arms curled up on her desk, while her head rested on both of them. Typical. The whole class went completely silent. Jo muttered something unintelligible in her sleep, causing the whole class to burst out into fits of laughter. "DETENTION!!" Woah, Mr Calvin calm the fudge down. Jo slowly lifted her head - her hair was messed in all directions, and she looked like she had gotten into a fight with a wild bear. I burst out laughing,  trying to muffle the sound but it was too late.

Mr Calvin slowly walked up to my desk, placing his hands on the table and leaning closer to me. I felt like stabbing him in the face with my pen. He coldly stared into my eyes, "Detention." His hissing voice whispered. Freak.

Jo's POV:

Detention for sleeping in class? It's not my bloody fault that he's boring. I didn't even mean to fall asleep, his voice put me to sleep. At least my detention is scheduled for next week, though. I huffed, walking out of school with Sejal beside me.

~

Taking out the key from the front door, me and Sejal stumbled into the house,  laughing. "Jo! Come here please." Walking into the kitchen, I kissed my mum on the cheek. "A friend's waiting for you in your room, the lovely lad that you tutor." My eyes widened in horror. She let him enter my room!? What!?

I facepalmed, praying that he didn't touch any of my stuff. Sprinting up the stairs, I left a confused Sejal in the kitchen with my mum.