Although the work didn’t take long it was a very hard ending to a long project so when the guys suggested we go for a drink afterwards I shrugged as one wouldn’t hurt. I guess that was my first mistake because I should have known that Kieran wouldn’t let me leave, I also didn’t want to seem boring to him so I stayed. I knew Mark would be upset with me so I didn’t text him thinking it would be easier just to deal with it all face to face.

The night was really good fun despite the fact that the guilt for leaving Mark was eating me up, I just tried to push it to the back of my mind. After a few hours and several drinks later I was quite drunk so I told Kieran that I would have one more with him but then I really had to go home. I told him I needed the toilet and he should get the drinks in, when I walked into the toilets though he was still behind me.

He pushed me into the cubicle and before I knew it his mouth was on mine in a heated kiss, licking and nipping at my bottom lip so that I would open and let him in. His arm came up and wrapped around my neck while the other grabbed my ass and pulled me into his hardened crotch. I don’t know how long I kissed him for but Mark was playing through my head the whole time and when I suddenly realised it wasn’t Mark that I was kissing I pushed Kieran away.

He must have took note of the look on my face because he began to apologise over and over, explaining that he really liked me but he knew I was taken so he shouldn’t have done that. I agreed with him telling him he shouldn’t have but that I was just as guilty for responding to him and liking it. This made him smirk slightly but it quickly dropped off when I glared at him, poor Mark what have I done?

It was just a kiss…. There’s nothing to be getting worked up over. I mean it’s not like I slept with him, we just send a few texts and share a few phone calls and the kiss was nothing it won’t happen again. I won’t tell Mark it’s not worth it he will just be a drama queen and go on about it for ages.

When I got home I was still drunk so I stubbed my foot on every surface imaginable, Mark was clearly fuming because he was pretending to be asleep. I could tell because his breathing wasn’t the same as when he is really asleep, I had spent countless hours listening to him so I know he’s faking. I called his name regardless but he ignored me, it was probably for the best though I am drunk and would probably say something that I would regret like telling him about that kiss for example.

I was woken the next morning with a lot of sunlight and several banging doors which matched the banging in my own head. I told him I was very sorry and that he could stop banging around now, I couldn’t understand why he was making such a big deal of everything.

When he had specifically mentioned Kieran I was confused and wondered if he already knew, if he did the mood he was in right now wouldn’t help my situation at all. He then began to rant on about how distant I am lately and it’s all because of Kieran, in his opinion I text him too much for nothing to be going on between us.

I didn’t think he was being fair, I had told him about the project and I had told him everything that Kieran had said or done- with the exception of the kiss. Now he was acting like I was being secretive and having an affair behind his back with Kieran?! I told him he was being stupid that Kieran was just a friend, we just worked together that is all.

He blew up on me and stormed out I called his name but he ignored me as I was about to get up and chase after him my phone rang- Kieran not now. I ignored it but as I was pulling on my clothes it rang again this time it was my boss, when I answered he told me he wanted me in the office for a few hours to put some finishing touches to the project. I sighed but agreed, then I finished getting dressed and left a note for Mark hoping that he would be ok when I got back home.

Hours dragged by at work, thankfully nothing was awkward between myself and Kieran we just decided to ignore it and get on. It was a few hours later when I received a call from Mark, he told me to come home because we weren’t working and he wanted to sort it out. I panicked at this point and walked away from Kieran who was watching me concerned, I told him I couldn’t leave that my boss was expecting us to be here for a while. I begged him just to wait until I got home and that we could sort it all out and talk it through properly and thankfully he agreed.