26

"Chihiro, sit on the back row so if you want to sleep you can lay your head down instead of a resting it against a window," Ukai asks and I nod. I sit farthest to the right on the row and stow my bag under my seat. "Whoever else sits back there has to make sure her head doesn't fly off the seat when I brake," he adds. I put my earbuds in and put on a playlist I can sleep to as I take my jacket off my waist. I bunch up my jacket and place it in the seat closest to me.

Asahi and Nishinoya sit on the far right. When the bus starts moving, I lay down. I tuck my legs into my chest, only spanning three seats. I shut my eyes and lay my head on my jacket.

~~~

Third POV

There are five spacious seats on the back row. Two and a half of them hold a sleeping girl. The two seats left gave both players enough leg room. Asahi, the person closest to Chihiro glances over every once in a while, making sure that she's okay. Nishinoya peaks around his tall friend, "Asahi, what does her sleeping face look like? Is it cute?"

The glass heart ace's cheeks flush a little pink, "I-I mean," he looks over at her again. Kageyama's hat is set neatly by her glasses which reside by her tousled locks. Her cheek is squished against her jacket and her lip are in a pout. "I gu-uess I don't kno-," He is cut off by the libero  who basically out of his seat to take a look.

His sits back in his seat with a flowery aura and his hands clasped together, "The sanctity of Karasuno," he whispers. Then he stops for a moment. "I don't think we have truly appreciated the unique beauty of our wonderful coach," he lightly hits his fist into his hand with the face of determination.

He hurdles a seat to reach Tanaka, "Oi!" Ennoshita shouts in surprise. The sprightly libero turns back and gives a harsh 'shh'. He points to the back row, "Chihiro-chan is asleep," he whispers. He turns to Tanaka and grasps his hands, "We need to appreciate the beauty of our coach more,"

"I dunno man, Ukai's kinda old and a du-," Nishinoya rolls his eyes, "No, Chihiro," Realization washes over his face and he nods. "We need to express our appreciation just as much as we do with Kiyoko-chan and Yachi-chan," Tanaka offers. The two nod before Nishinoya climbes back over to his seat.

~~~

Takeda-sensei, Coach Ukai, and I stand in front of the team informing them about the preliminaries that with commence tomorrow. "If we win twice in tomorrow's prelims, we will advance to the representative playoffs in October. The eight schools who make it through this prelim along with 8 veteran schools with compete in the playoffs," Takeda-sensei reads off.

"We only have two games?" Hinata questions. Sugawara chimes in with the reason, "Since we made it to the top 16 we only need to win two," I nod. "Woah! We're awesome!" Hinata bounces up and down.

"Now that does not in anyway mean that we will let it get to our heads. As far as the public can see, we have not fully revived as a powerhouse school. However, we are almost there, so let's do what we do best," I cross my arms. "OSU!" the team yells. "Now let's get to work!" Ukai breaks the group.

I sit next to Ukai on the bench with my clipboard in hand. "Do you have Johzenji's match recording?" I ask.

"Yeah, we need to watch it tonight. Your cousin okay with that?" I nod. "She won't, after practice we can head over to my house to watch it on a big screen," he nods.

~~~

We finish practice and clean up. "Ukai-sensei, Rin just texted me say that if we want soba then we need to leave the school now before she eats it all," I drawls. "S-Soba!?" I nod. He skitters around the gym collecting his belongings before begging me to lead the way.