20

After a good hour of spiking, I excuse myself to my room in hopes of getting some sleep. I ended up with a solid hour or two which is an improvement in my opinion. However, my eye bags maintain their state of awful. I stay in the sidelines with my iconic clipboard taking notes and relaying them to Ukai. We continue our glorious losing streak throughout the day, leaving them to sprint uphill after each game.

"The Shinzen High school parent association donated watermelon to you all!" my ears perk up a little as the Shinzen manager announces. I pass a final water bottle to Yamaguchi and step to the side in fear of being trampled.

True to my assumption, a stampede of high school boys barrel their way to the managers and snatch any watermelon they could get. I sit on the concrete steps of the gym as they all get watermelon.

"Chihiro-chan, do you want some watermelon?" Yachi pipes from my left. "I'll wait for everyone to get their share first," I respond. She nods her head as she hands a slice off.

~~~

The herd of boys finally dwindles, giving my the chance to get a piece of watermelon from Yachi. "Thanks," I mutter as I prop myself on the wall beside Kenma and Hinata. "So I hear Kuroo convinced not one, not even twice but three times to spike and block," Kenma speaks up over Hinata. I roll my eyes, "For the record, Akaashi asked me the third time,"

"It's hard to believe you started as a setter," I nod. "Nakada-sensei said that when she started me as a wing spiker in the first game,"

"Your U-18 coach right?" I nod again. 

~~~ 

After our little break we get on to spiking practice. "If you have time to stand around you have time to practice!" Ukai hollers as he flings the ball up for Kageyama. I stand on the other side of the net tossing the ball for Sugawara to set.

~~~

"What do you think of Tsukishima?" Ukai asks Takeda-sensei. "He doesn't take things as serious if that's what your asking,"

"Chihiro?" I cross my arms as I watch us play against Ubugawa. "He isn't trying because he's fine with being mediocre," Ukai hums in disappointment. I find my face contouring into a frown as I watch him in comparison to the rest of the team.

"Everyone else is motivated just by being in Tokyo, I guess he doesn't feel the same," Takeda-sensei offers. I nod. "We just need to find what motivates him,"

Ukai looks at me. "Do you think you can figure that out?" he challenges.

Third POV

An evil smirk curls on her lips at Ukai's proposition. "Consider it already done," she stalks off. She skirts around the edge of the court with her clipboard and purple pen. The four non-playing members watch as she studies his every move.

"She's an interesting one," Takeda voices what's on each of their minds. "You'll never know what she'll do or say next,"

"It's odd seeing her docile nature and thinking back to when she broke up the fight between Hinata and Kageyama," Yachi adds. Ukai and Takeda turn to Yachi suddenly with shocked expressions at her spoken thoughts.

"She did what now?!" Ukai whisper shouts. Yachi blinks a few times in confusion, "Did none of the second year tell you?" He shakes his head.

"Yeah, I went to get someone but by the time I came back with Tanaka both of them were pinned to the ground by her and she was bleeding from her head," she didn't realize the full weight of her words as she rambles off.

~~~

First POV

The last game of the day ends in another defeat. I watch as my team recovers from the sprint and talk among themselves. "Y'know if Tsukishima just... y'know he would be really good at sports,"