21 (Edited)

I wake up as the curtain opens and the light floods in. "Mmm," I groan, rubbing my eyes. I push myself up and notice a red jacket fall off my torso and onto my lap. Upon closer inspection Nekoma is emblazoned in white on the back. Judging by the size it's surely not Kenma's so it must belong to Kuroo.

Kiyoko makes up her bed to my right, "Shimizu-san, do you know how a got here?" She nods. "The captain of Nekoma brought you here while you were asleep," Called it. I crawl out from under my dark blue blanket so I can make it up again.

I unzip my black duffel bag and nab a change of clothes. I stand up without aid of my hands and start heading to the bathroom. "You do know that it's okay if you change in here, right?" I look back at the Shinzen manager. I wave my hand dismissively. "Ah, I'd rather just change in the bathroom, Thanks though," I duck out of the room and down the hall.

I lock the door of a stall shut and set my clothes on the bench. 'Day 3 of training camp is already here' I ponder. The peculiar feeling of not being on the court playing settled in me during the morning practices. But during free practice, Kuroo always brings me on the court.

I slip out of my night clothes and into my training clothes deep in thought. I've mostly let my team work on their own this time around against my true desire. My white Karasuno shirt floats around my body as I walk back to my room. I put my clothes away and bring Kuroo's jacket to breakfast.

The wooden floors echo my footsteps as I walk down the hall. I enter the natural-lit cafeteria and search for a sly bed-head. His black hair stick up a little higher than the back of Kenma's head. I weave through the tables and toss his jacket. He hold out his arms to catch it but he catches it with his face. "Thanks," I say before returning to the serving line to get food.

I get a small amount of food, mostly meat and less rice. I set down my tray at an empty table and put my earbuds in. I scribble down offensive techniques as well as our team's progress. Such as Kageyama's fall toss and Asahi's jump serve.

I feel two trays clatter on the table and I pause my music. I glance up to see Coach Ukai and Takeda-sensei. "Find anything out?" the first asks. I nod and flip a few pages to the page exclusively dedicated to finding out Tsukishima's motivation. I unclip it and slide it across the table to them.

"Who's lamppost?" Ukai looks up confused. "Ah, that's his nickname in my notes. I gave all the players so I could easily match the name to the person,"

"What are some of the names you've given them," Ukai bites back a laugh. I smirk, "Well Nishinoya is Rooster, Asahi is Sasquatch, and Kageyama is angsty teen to name a few," Ukai, Takeda-sensei, and a few of the other coaches snigger. Takeda-sensei clears his throat in attempt to cease his quiet snickering.

"Fellow middle blocker rivalry, and ... Yamaguchi?" Takeda-sensei asks. "Yamaguchi talked to him last night and it seemed to have gotten through to him. Hopefully there will be some noticeable change in his effort,"

"Oh, and he thought volleyball as just a club before ask Bokuto his thoughts. I recall him saying something along the lines of 'You'll eventually fail and you'll never be the best' as well. I wouldn't doubt if that is a part of his flippant attitude towards the sport," Ukai scratches his chin and nods.

~~~

Bokuto spikes the ball into our court and Ukai calls a time out. I look to my left at the score: 11 to 6, not in our favor. "If you can't stop #4's spikes at least touch them," Ukai presses his fist into his hip. 

"So we shouldn't stop them?" Tsukishima pipes up from the back. The whole team looks back at him, surprised. I look to Ukai, "If you can stop them then stop them but in this case we can't really stop his spikes a soft block is more likely to benefit," I return. He nods and they return to the game.