3

Today is the day I truly start my position as a coach. I slide open the door of the gym for morning practice. The boys are already practicing independently as I shuffle over to the bench with my bag in my hand. I'm in my school uniform because I'm just writing down stats, regimens, and strategies. I sit down on the wooden bench and pull out a clipboard with a pen secured to the side. I sit cross legged on the bench with the board in my lap.

I click open my purple pen and scribble down observations of each player. I use the nicknames I came up with so I would recognize who I was talking about quicker and no one else would know who I was talking about.

I smirk at the beautiful names I have created. "Chihiro-san," I hear faintly as my pen stops scratching on the paper. "Chihiro-san!" my head shoots up and I look around until I see Ukai looking at me. "Yes?" I reply, pushing up my glasses. "What're you working on?"

I look down at the paper with purple ink on it, "I just finished creating a basic profile for the players I have met so far. I'm about to start looking at building regimens for them," he nods. "I forgot to tell you yesterday, but next week we are going to a training camp which will end in a match with Nekoma," I look through the back of my mind for that name.

"They're a Tokyo school, right?" he nods. "Have you heard of them?" I nod. I turn back to my work and look at the spots each player needs the most improvements. Such as Hinata's receiving and Kageyama's teamwork.

"Chihiro-san, we should probably go to class now," my head snaps up and I see Kageyama and Hinata. I nod and put my papers in my bag. I walk behind the two letting my thoughts wander. I run my hand through my dark chocolate hair and push up my glasses.

Third POV

The stoic girl remains quiet behind the two. She walks through the hallway like she was sleepwalking. She bumps into Kageyama's hard back and backs up a couple steps. He looks over his shoulder and down and the small girl, "Oh sorry," he apologizes even when she insists it was her fault.

None of the first year players are in her class, ceasing any possibilities of conversation. The bell rings just as she sits in her seat. She takes down the minimalist notes and finishes the assignments given the first half of class right before the lunch bell rings.

She turns in her desk and reaches down for her bag. She sets it on her desk and digs around. She didn't find her lunch or any money. "Shit," she mutters to herself. She zips her bag up and leaves it in the classroom. She wanders up to the roof which, to her pleasure, is vacant.

She paces around the roof of white tile within the tall fence. A satisfying rush of wind greets her face and her hair flutter wildly. She closes her eyes and turn away from the fence, letting her short hair fly behind her. She sucks in a deep breath and a light smile graces her features.

She skirts along the fence, putting her headphones on after a few minutes. The third years throw open the door on the roof and see her staring up at the sky. Her eyes shift over to them and she head moves afterwards. She presses a button and pauses her music. She slides off her headphones and her hair resumes dancing around her head.

"Oh, uh hi," she greets, blinking a few times. "Want you sit with us?" Daichi is the first to break the long silence. She shrugs, "I mean only if you actually want me to," her voice was quiet. Her statement confused the three. "Because if you feel obliged, don't" she adds, clearing up the confusion.

"N-no no We don't, we truly want to sit with you," Sugawara assures. "Then I guess," She sits in next to Asahi and Daichi, across from Sugawara in a circle. The three pull out their bentos. "So what do you think of the team?" Daichi ask between bites.