Broken - 6/30/17

When I woke up on the floor I didn't have a clue what on earth just happened. I tried to shake my head to clear the cobwebs but it seemed the spider must have moved in with its entire family because the webs weren't clearing away.

I tried to sit up so I could look at my surroundings but there seemed to be a weight on my arms and legs, nothing would work. I tried to think and remember where I was last but my memories were all jumbled. I couldn't decide if I was last at a convenience store or at the office.

I closed my eyes to try and stop a horrendous headache that was threatening to hit from way back behind my eyes. It was worsening by the second seemingly growing with every thought I tried to capture.

"Where am I and what happened?" Is all I could think. Then right before my eyes was a huge yellow cat. The biggest tomcat I'd ever seen. It walked straight up to my face and commenced to smell me.

"Hello in there. Are you alright?" I heard from somewhere. I tried to look around again but my head wouldn't move quite right yet. I couldn't figure out if I actually heard the voice or not.

"I know you can hear me. Well, not hear me with your ears but you can hear me in your head. I'm here to protect you while you change." the voice said. The cat was still right at my face and it blinked slowly then I thought it meowed.

I stayed as still as I could. I thought this cat might have rabies. I've got to be still.

"No, I don't, trust me. This will all be over soon. You'll be okay." the voice said.

After a while, I tried to speak but my mouth felt weird as did the rest of my body. This time when I turned my head it felt lighter and everything was looking really weird. There were strange colors around the street light just off to the right of the cat. And even the cat looked strange now like it got bigger than before. 

My ears felt really weird they were twitching and felt light and easy to move. "To move, huh what? What's wrong with me?"

"You're okay. Nothing's wrong. You're doing just fine. Don't get scared just stay calm. I'm here to help you through and to reassure you that you'll be alright," the voice said.

I thought I'd see if I was really crazy. "Where are you? Why can't I see you? I can hear you like you're in my head," I said with my mind.

"There you go see I can hear you. You can't use your mouth to speak right now but I can hear you just fine. You are kinda broken right now but it'll all come together shortly. You are almost there."

"There, where's there?" I said as my eyes saw more and more detail of the alley I was laying in. I could hear things scurrying around on the ground along the buildings on each side of me. Their sounds seemed to be magnified. I could smell something very inviting but disgusting at the same time.

"Broken? What do you mean broken? Was I jumped and left for dead? That's it I'm dead and no one's going to find me, except for this really big cat," I said with my mind.

"Well broken was probably not the right word. Yes, you're in an alley but not left for dead. I'm guessing you're probably able to smell and see things differently right about now. The colors seem to be magnified to a brightness you've never experienced before. Oh and the sounds too they are much clearer to you than before. Am I right?" the voice asked.

"Yes, how do you know? But where, who are you?" I tried to speak with my mouth but it felt like I was making a fish face and no sound would come out.

"I'm right here in your face. I've gone through what you're going through that's how I know you're going to be fine. Are you in any pain?" asked the voice as the cat tilted its head at me.

"Yes, my head is about to split. I've never felt like this before. My entire body is feeling strange and small. I can't explain it," I said. I was getting the hang of this way of talking. It seemed so much easier than moving my mouth.

Just then my hands and feet started to tingle or have they been tingling all along and I just now noticed I wasn't so sure of anything anymore. "Who are you? Did you tell me that already?"

"I'm Max. You probably don't remember me, I'm Sylvia's cat," he said.

I looked at the cat and he winked. I started to freak out. How on earth could I be talking with a cat through my mind? How could a cat be talking to me? My head started to get dizzy and my mind started to twirl. Then I was out.