Snowy Days

Kasai shivered as Kelsi fiddled with the keys to the school gates. As much as she wanted to help Kelsi, being at school on a Saturday late in the middle of winter wasn't exactly ideal. The school yard was coated in a light blanket of bright snow, almost illuminating the school. An icy breeze whispered down Kasai's neck, making her shudder.

"Can you hurry?" Kasai shivered as she glanced over Kelsi's shoulder to see what was holding her up. Her mitten like gloves were useless against the tiny keys.

"Let me." Kasai moved her aside and briefly took her hands out of her pockets. The sudden lack of warmth was stinging against her skin. She took a deep breath and hurried as her bare hands quickly moved the freezing metal key into the lock, she fiddled it around until she heard the clunking of metal.

She stepped back, breathing into her hands and rubbing them together. Kelsi heaved the large door open. Kasai noticed that ice was starting to form around the bars, dripping down like paint.

The slowly walked down the icy cobblestone path, trying not slip over. A faint mist escaped their mouths as they breathed out into the chilly air.

"So when's everyone else coming?" Kasai glanced around at the snow covered trees scattered around campus.

"Well Angelica might be late because she has something on. Sage is filming her show that she auditioned for last week so she's not coming at all. Ian should be here soon along with Lucas, Jay and Cole." Kelsi replied. "And you're perfectly on time!" She smirked.

"I was hoping that you'd have already had the gate open so I could  rush into the school for warmth but that plan back fired." Kasai laughed.

They soon reached the red school doors. Kelsi pushed them open firmly, snow was slightly pulling it shut against her. They wandered around to the mess hall. They both stood in slight awe as they took it in.

The usually buzzing room was now a almost eerie empty space. Snow had started to pile in, foot prints running every which way. They were in almost complete darkness except for the faint light shinning in from the sky roof that wasn't covered by snow. 

However that wasn't what stunned the pair. On the back brick wall a large blue and white pattern covered it almost fully. A strange creature with large icicle teeth snarled in the middle with unreadable words framing it for it to jump out of. The same pattern was also scattered around other poles and windows that could be seen from where they were standing. 

"I'll go get the cleaning supplies." Kelsi sighed as she walked off.

"Ok, I'll wait here for the others then." Kasai sat down at one of the benches, rubbing her hands together for warmth.

A few minutes later a ruckus echoed through out the halls coming from the entrance. Kasai chuckled and walked over. As she turned the corner she almost stepped on Ian, head first on the floor at her feet.

"Having fun down there?" She laughed as she put out a hand to help him up.

He have a muffled response before taking her hand and heaving himself up. Kasai glanced over at the others near the door way. She raised an eyebrow when she first noticed Cole pushed off to the side looking heatedly over at the other two. Kasai traced his stare to Jay and Lucas giggling to themselves. 

Kasai's felt her breath shorten as her fist began to clench. She walked over to Cole and put her hand on his shoulder reassuringly. He glanced a smile at her but soon enough they were both looking at the pair. Kasai sighed and walked back over to Ian, calling the group together to follow her.

She leads them back into the mess hall, Kelsi heaving a large steel trolley carrying yellow buckets with rattling cleaning supplies over to the middle of the room.

"Oh hey guys!"  She dashed over to them, dishing out hugs to all of them. "Thanks for coming, let's get started shall we?"

Ian whistled as he walked up to the large graffiti on the back wall. "Ok none of us are part giraffe sweet cheeks." He called over his shoulder. 

"Calm yourself Ian." She snorted, she pulled to step ladders up from the floor. "I've got you covered." 

She turned back to the group, explaining her plan. "I reckon two people should tackle that wall and everyone else can go off to different areas." She said pointing around the room, "Like a few people go upstairs and some others stay down here." 

Everyone nodded in agreement before Kelsi picked out groups. Cole and Ian were to scrub down the big wall together .Kasai would work downstairs and Lucas and Jay would go upstairs, Kelsi volunteered to go into the bathrooms and classrooms. 

Soon they all dispersed different ways, grabbing sponges and spray bottles on their way. Kasai went over to the stair case to the sides of the centre brick wall. On the outer side the red brick had been tagged, white and blue paint dripping onto the floor.

She knelt down and began to spray it down. Despite her best efforts she couldn't ignore the constant chatter and laughter coming from the floor above. She jumped back as she noticed her scrubbing got more aggressive, what concerned her more was the slight smell of smoke. She dropped her sponge and looked at her hands. Ash slipped through her finger tips, she glanced back over at the sponge, a black tint was marking out where her hand had been.

She sighed, she'd been practising control for a few months now and yet when it came to people it couldn't be helped. Kasai wondered if it was even worth it anymore. Her ear twitched suddenly, disturbing her grim thoughts. She peered over the side of the stairs, a low growl came from the front of the wall. 

Kasai crawled over a bit more to get a better look. Cole was intensely looking over his shoulder to the balcony of the second floor. His tail was almost between his legs and his ears were hunched forward in an aggressive stance, Kasai looked up to the balcony herself. 

The pair were standing by some lockers a bit back from the edge from what she could tell, from her angle she had to peer through the hand rails. She crept a bit up the stairs to get a better look. When she looked back down she was sitting a bit higher than Cole who was standing on a small step ladder. 

Kasai looked back up at Jay and Lucas. She kept her eyes on them but her mind was focusing on controlling herself. She knew Lucas was probably just trying to toy with her, and it was working. 

Kasai suddenly felt her ears peek once again, she stood up and looked down at Cole. Buckets and chairs were beginning to shake, almost levitating. She heard Ian briefly cuss before a thud followed. She began to sprint down the stairs before briefly looking back up.

Her heart skipped a beat. She was just high enough on the stairs to have to perfect view. 

Lucas had moved in closer to Jay. She could see the panic in Jay's eyes. 

Lucas had just kissed her.