Chapter 26 "Unexpected announcement"

It's been an entire month since the whole unexpected pregnancy news. It's been quite difficult for me to come into terms with my reality. At first I was upset with everything and how my life is going to change so drastically due to being pregnant, but now I've completely accepted it. Not like I have much of a choice. Not only am I pregnant with Leo's baby, but it's mine as well. The only blood I'll be having in this cruel world after being alone for so long. This baby is fully mine no one else's, but mine. The thought sends butterflies in my stomach thinking of how I'm creating life as we speak.

"Time to eat," Diaz says knocking on my door. A lot has changed in just a month. Leo no longer let's me go work with Luna at the warehouse. Which is absolutely boring for me since I'm practically locked in this huge mansion with nothing to do besides stuff my face and often swim in the pool with East watching my every move. Leo makes sure I eat often and whenever he's out of town for a day or two. He leaves East or Rios in charge of me.

Since our last deep conversation between Leo and I. He hasn't really brought us up anymore. However, he's always flirting with me every chance he gets, which I brush off trying to remain loyal to my decision. Which is so hard to do so since he's always by my side at all times making sure I'm well fed and rested. I'm not going to lie, the attention from him is pretty sweet, but I made a decision that I want to keep. I walk into the kitchen seeing Luna, Montoya, Diaz, Rios, Sniper, East, Salma, Lucero, and Rossi along with other red eagles members all sitting down at the table. I crease my brows confusedly not sure of why they're all here.

"Come sit by me Madison," Leo firmly demands strictly looking at me from across the room. Not wanting to cause a scene, I do as he says. As I make my way towards Leo. I can feel everyone's eyeballs on me making me want to squirm.

What's going on?

"What is this Leo?," I murmur taking a seat next to him.

"I've gathered everyone here due to having two very important announcements," Leo announces ignoring my question.

"What is it?," Lucero asks taking a sip of her wine.

"Let me speak," Leo mutters squinting his chocolate brown eyes at her blue ones. Lucero immediately averts her gaze down to the table fear plastered across her face. From across the table, I can feel Rossi's sting eyes burn holes through me. However, I don't pay any attention to her completely pretending she's not existent.

"Madison and I are having a baby," Leo proudly announces out loud standing up from his chair. The females gasps besides Luna as the men chant clapping out of joy for their boss. My eyes widen almost bulging out of their sockets from the unexpected announcement. Leo and I haven't talked about spreading the news to his gang, but who am I kidding. He calls the shots, I'm irrelevant.

"W-what?," Rossi stutters a baffled expression on her face. Her blue eyes full of shock.

"Are you deaf or something? Madison is pregnant with his baby," Luna explains. Rossi abruptly stands up from her chair making it fall back harshly causing all eyes on her. Aside from being shocked myself by Leo's decision to announce this news to everyone. I roll my eyes at her behavior right now.

"Fucking gold digger! How can you let her trap you like this boss?," Rossi grumbles throwing a deadly glare towards me. Is this girl serious? Leo trapped me the day he kidnapped me. I didn't ask for any of this.

"How many punishments fo you mess Rossi? You're going to respect Madison whether you like it or not or else I'll kill you," Leo sinisterly scowls. Rossi frustratingly stomps her feet onto the tile floor like a toddler who didn't get their way with their parents. She absolutely looks ridiculous right now. However, I'm stunned by how Leo is defending me demanding respect. A month ago, this would of meant everything to me, but right now I'm not sure if he's doing it for me or due to the fact that I'm the mother of his child.

"Rossi shut the fuck up and sit your ass down before you really push your luck," Luna coldly says.

"Why her?," Rossi's voice cracks sounding croaky. I can tell she's on the verge of crying out of pure anger and hatred.

"Rios," Leo sternly says giving him a serious look. Instantly, Rios stands up from his chair walking over towards Rossi most likely to kick her out of the mansion.

"She's just your baby momma boss?" Salma grumbles rolling her dark eyes at me.

"Fuck this," I scold abruptly standing up from my chair annoyed by the entire drama blowing up in the kitchen right now. I didn't ask for any of this, but yet these females be throwing shade towards me like if I'm fighting for their boss. Leo grasps my arm holding me back from proceeding before he says, "I'm not done with my announcement."

"I'm pregnant Leo. I'm not going to stay here and get shit talked to," I breathe irritatedly. Pregnancy so far has been pretty rough. Morning sickness is no joke. I've lost a lot of weight these past two months, which is completely normal in the first trimester of pregnancy. Throwing up and sleeping is all I ever do now a days.

"Let go of me Rios," Rossi hisses.

"I understand, in a couple of seconds. I'll fix everything trust me and take this as proof," Leo murmurs. A confident smirk appearing on his lips. I stay silent not at all understanding anything of what he just said to me. What is he possibly going to say or do to shut these chihuahuas up for good?

"Rios, before you kick her out of my house let her hear this real quick," Leo says as Rios nods letting go of Rossi.

"Now as for all of you listen up because this is my final and only warning. Anyone who acts out of line after what I'm about to announce will be executed from the red eagles permanently. You know the infamous rule... blood in blood out," Leo bluntly says letting go of my arm to fully face his gang. Everyone is silent patiently waiting for Leo to announce whatever he's about to announce as the females seem to be confused by his words and at the same time cringing in fear.

"Madison and I are engaged." My emerald green eyes must of bulge out of my eyelids from the sudden news I wasn't at all expecting. Engaged? The heck does he mean?

Luna stands up from her chair a huge grin on her face clapping along with the men of the red eagles. However, the females are completely baffled throwing blank glares my way. As for Rossi, her jaw dropped down to the tile floor stunned by what just came out of her bosses mouth. I also managed to see tears building up in her blue eyes as she glances at Leo and I. To be honest, I almost felt bad for her. Almost.

"Leo?," I mumble grabbing his arm.

"From now on you'll all show respect to my fiancé and future wife to be," Leo finishes off wrapping his muscular arm around my waist pulling me close to him. Rossi grunts turning her heel around bursting out of the kitchen pushing Rios out of the way.

"Leo what are you saying?," I whisper into his ear.

"You wanted proof right? Well, I just delivered," he smirks looking down at me.

"I-I"

"Shh, just don't and enjoy this moment with me," Leo cuts me off grabbing a glass of champagne. I slightly nod forcing a half smile not wanting to disrupt his little celebration with his gang. Whatever that may be. However, his words keep replaying in my head questioning myself if what I just heard moments ago, is real. Maybe I just misheard the entire thing besides of course my pregnancy.

Fiancé

Wife to be

Proof

Am I really engaged to Leo Castillo, leader of the biggest mafia gang to exist, the red eagles?

I think I am.