Kabanata 19

Kabanata 19

It's been a month since the start of V-league. I didn't know how we survived the trainings we had.

"What's your problem ba, Jia?" Tanong ni Maddie.

We were at ate Ly's cafe. Jia had to drag me and Maddie. Medyo off talaga mga plays ni Jia. Mich wasn't playing too. So we had to do extra work to win.

"Wala."

"Oh, c'mon Jia." I butted in. "What's wrong with you and Mich?"

She sighed. "She's always mad! I don't even know why!"

"Really?" I asked. "Mich isn't like that."

"So are you saying na it was my fault?"

"What? No!" Agap ko. "What I'm trying to say is, Morente isn't the kind of person who easily get mad."

"Si Maddie kasi." Angal ni Jia.

Maddie's eyes widened. "Why me?"

"Binati mo pa kasi yung Trina."

"What?" Maddie said. "It's been a month Jia. Di pa rin tapos yung issue na yun ni Mich?"

"Obviously, not."

Maddie chuckles. "Lol at Mich. Try to explain nalang jujubear."

"I tried."

"WEH?" It was me and Maddie.

"Wow, gangin up against me eh?"

We laughed. Jia look so stressed talaga. She and Mich had been dating since UAAP days.

"Know what?" Maddie said. "I've never seen Trina with Miguel. Denice and I knew that Trina was single tho."

"You sure?" Tanong ni Jia.

"Wait, why are so curious with Miguel?" I asked.

Jia shook her head.

"You still love him?"

"What? No!"

"Then, why'd you asked about him and Trina?"

"I.. uh, just want to know."

"It's wrong, Jia." I said. "You're being unfair with Mich."

She sighed. "We didn't had a closure, Bei. Maybe that was what I need from him."

"What will you do if he had an acceptable reasons, Ji?" Maddie asked. "Will you leave Mich?"

There was silent between us. Parang double meaning yung sinabi ni Mads. I was like, is it for Jia or for me?

"I... uh, uhm. I don't know." Jia said and looked down.

"Ji, I understand you. But this is not only about you who needed a closure. You're in a relationship, it must be a mutual decision between you and Mich."

Okay, Maddie's words of wisdom struck me. It was like, she's hitting Jia but at the same she was hitting me too unconsciously.

Jia looked at her. "Where did you get that words of wisdom?"

Maddie chuckles. "Well, originally, it was from Denice."

"Denice really taught you do many things no?" Jia asked.

She absentmindedly nodded and smiled.

"Eh, how about you, Bei?" Tanong ni Jia.

"Huh?"

"How's you and Jho? I heard from Tita na you always fight?"

"We're fine."

"Hay nako, Beatriz." Ani Jia. "Sa tagal ko kayong nakasama, alam kong madalas pa rin kayong magaway."