Kabanata 18

Kabanata 18

"Bea! Gosh, you're spacing out!"

"Oh, I'm sorry."

We were at the blue eagles gym. We have training today pero parang wala ako sa sarili ko.

"Ano bang nangyayare?" Tanong ni ate Den.

I shook my head. "I'm just tired lang po."

We resumed our training and looks like I wasn't the only one who's spacing out.

"Maddie! Ano din nangyayari sayo?" Tanong rin ni Ate Den.

"I'm sorry. I'm just worrying about Denice po." She looks really worried.

"Why? What happened?" Tanong ni Ate Ly.

"She went back to LA po. Her nanny was rushed to hospital."

"Don't tell me you have plans to go back na rin?" Ani Jia.

She shook her head. "I was just really worried about her."

"What's the real score about you and her ba?" Tanong ni Ponggay.

Bigla naman napaubo si Gizelle. "Sorry."

Maddie just shrugs and went to her duffle bag. Maybe she was checking her phone.

"Okay, dahil kayong dalawa Bea at Maddie wala sa focus kayo ang maglilinis today." Ani ate Ly.

"But--"

I was cutted off by ate Den. "No buts. Now clean, tapos sumunod kayo sa cafe."

Wala naman na kaming nagawa ni Maddie kung hindi sumunod. She was so silent na parang siya lang mag isa na nandito.

"I'll help you." I offered.

She looked at me. "Oh, thanks."

I nodded and helped her sa net. She was looking at me na parang may dumi sa mukha ko.

"What?" I asked.

She smiled at me. "Nothing has changed."

"Eh?"

"Look," She said and wiggles the net. "Rookie year? Remember?"

I smiled. I remember those days na it was our duties as rookies.

"Ahhh the good times." She said habang ginagalaw yung net.

I looked at her. Yup, nothing has changed. She's still skinny and too white. Her smiles are the same. It felt like she wasn't been  missing in action for a long time.

"How are you?" She asked out of nowhere. "Oh, sorry. I know you're mad at me."

"Let's forget about that." I told her. "We're bestfriends, right?"

"Y-yeah. B-bestfriend." She said.

"Wassup with you and Denice?" I asked her.

"Well, uhm, everything's fine between us." She said while putting the net back on the barracks. "She's really something you wouldn't wanna loose."

Like the way I don't wanna loose you? She was smiling. Is she really into Denice?

"How about you? How's you and Jho? Heard you've been in a stable relationship?"

"Uh, uhm. Yeah." I said. "Been dating for months now."

"Wow!" She said. "After how many years? Nagkalakas ka rin ng loob no?"

"What?"

"I mean, you and Jho." She said and got the last ball. "Jho loves you very much."

I didn't said anything. Why does it so easy to her na ipamigay ako?