11) Trance

Claire pov;

I woke up quickly remembering I hadn't visited my moms grave today. I know it's weird but I go there everyday. I slowly tried to snake out of Ivan's arms that were still wrapped around me. Even though I didn't want to I had to get out. I slowly tried to escape but knew I failed when I heard

"Claire, where are you going?" He asked in groggy morning voice.

"Just going outside for some cool air." I replied technically not lying but not telling the full truth.

"Okay be careful please. And don't be to long."

"Yes sir! And jeez you sound like a parent." I said laughing. I look up to see him also smiling then snuggling back up with the covers.

I walk down the stairs, grab the first hoodie I see, and slip on my sneakers. I really didn't care what I looked like. I left the house leaving the handle u locked so I could get back in. I walk for about 10 minutes when I reach the all to familiar graveyard. I walk down the little stone path until I reach my moms headstone. Just looking at it I started to get teary eyed remembering all the good times when everything was perfect.

"Hey mom I'm back. I honestly don't even know if you are even here listening or if you can even hear what I'm saying but I'm going to talk anyways. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. The one time I finally make a friend that I really care about, I just feel like he is going to leave any second to join the fucking plastics. I wouldn't really blame him if he did I understand what it's like to want to be part of a group and be popular but something in me is telling me he isn't the type of guy to do that to me or use people like there toys. He seems different from others, he actually cares about what I'm feeling and I think he cares about me and that's so new to me you and dad were the only one that cared but dad has changed since you left. This week he went to his new girlfriends. He is coming back tomorrow and I'm terrified. I don't know who he is anymore all he likes to do is hurt me it's like I'm his punching bag not even a real human to him. I'm just so scared mom."

A few tears had spilled out of my eyes after this and I just leaned on her stone for a few minutes.

"Well mom I got to go back to Ivan. I really miss you and I hope you are doing okay up there."

I walk back to the house pretty fast because I just wanted to be cuddled up with Ivan again. I don't know how feels about me but I don't really want to find out because what if it's not the same that I do and he just sees me as a friend. I just don't want to risk losing my only friend.

I reach the house in about 5 minutes this time. I open the door handle slowly trying not to wake up Ivan again. I  slipped of my shoes and headed up the million stairs to get to my room. I tiptoed into the room.

"Claire is that you?" I hear from the bed

"Yea Ivan it's me. Why are you still awake?"

"Because I couldn't sleep without knowing you were ok." He replied making me blush a little.

"Yea I'm fine go to sleep." I said getting into bed.

I got all the covers over me and a few seconds later Ivan's hand snaked around my waist pulling me closer. His actions like this made me think that he did feel the same but I really didn't know.

I turned around so we were laying face to face. I could feel his warm breath. We just stared at each other and in that moment it felt like we were the only people in the world. It was like I was in trance.

"Claire you know you are beautiful, you shouldn't left others make you think otherwise."

" thank you Ivan and by the way you are pretty too." After this I snuggled my head into his chest and I slowly starts drifting off to the sound of his heartbeat.