9) Meeting the mom

Claire pov;

I walked through the door behind Ivan and followed his actions. After he hung his coat up he started walking so I followed behind him until we stopped in a giant kitchen and there stood this beautiful lady.

"Hello Mrs.Martinez, it's a pleasure to meet you! I'm Ivan's friend Claire." I said trying my hardest not to stutter.

"Nice to meet you Claire. I have heard some good things about you. You look very nice tonight." She replied her voice so kind and sweet

"Thank you ma'am. You too. I love that dress." I said complimenting her back. As I was talking to her it made me realize how much I missed my mom and how lucky Ivan is to have such a good one. But I knew everything happens for a reason and tried to not to show any sad emotions.

"Thank you I just bought it. You and Ivan can go hang out I will call you when dinner is ready."

"Okay sounds great." I replied as Ivan grabbed my hand and led me upstairs. As he did so a bunch of butterflies erupted in my stomach. Geez what is this boy doing to me. Although I didn't want to let go I knew I had to.

"I told you she would love you!" Ivan shouted

"Okay fine you were right. I feel so much less stress but we still have a whole dinner to go. Why don't we just chill till then?"

Ivan's pov;

I sat there and watched as my mom and Claire got along. I was so happy my mom liked her. As the conversation was ending I grabbed her hand and led her upstairs to my room. I never wanted to let go but I couldn't show her how I felt. After that we just chilled and played some Mario Kart and I was embarrassed after she kicked my butt for the third time. But to be honest I was distracted by how focused she was on winning. It was like her life depended on this game. After we played a few more times I finally won. I stood up and cheered for myself excited that I finally beat her in my favorite game. After this we decided to watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S. while we were about 20 minutes into the episode Claire started moving closer and right as she was about to lean her head on my shoulder my mom shouted upstairs that dinner was ready. Wow mom perfect timing I thought to myself. She got up and starred at the mirror I was wondering what she was doing then she moved her hands up to her hair and started to "fix it" even though it looked perfectly fine.

"Claire you look beautiful come on let's go I'm hungry." I said getting louder as the sentence went on. She slowly followed behind me as we went back down the stairs.

"We got this it's only a dinner what could go wrong." I said to Claire. And as I expected the dinner couldn't have gone better. My mom and brother loved Claire, I mean who wouldn't. After we finished with dinner Claire helped my mom wash the dishes while I put them away. During this we all were talking and laughing it felt like we have known each other our whole life's.

P.S I know it's been a while but I'm back now and I know this chapter is short but the next one I promise will be longer. I hope you enjoyed!