5) My Sweet

Claire's pov;
I was scared to turn around but I knew I had to. I looked back quickly to reveal... Ivan

Ivan's pov;

I was unpatiently tapping my foot waiting for the bell to ring. When it finally did I was the first to be out of the classroom. As i was walking down the hall I saw Claire fast walking I decided not to bother her but soon after the girls who were beating her up earlier were trailing behind her I decided I would walk home to make sure nothing bad happened. As I followed in their path I was to far away to hear anything but they weren't approaching her so I just kept to myself. My sore legs trudged up the hill that lead to our street. Half way up the hill I saw Claire starting to run I wanted to go after her but I knew if she ran she would be okay and I would surely talk to her later. I finally reached my house I went inside and was greeted by Emilio asking where I had been. I told him I walked and we had a conversation about our first day and our new friends while eating.

I put my dish in the dishwasher and was heading upstairs to watch YouTube when I saw Claire all bloody running down the street. I quickly slipped on my shoes and ran after her. I followed her to a cemetery I wondered why she would go here but as soon as she stopped at a certain grace I knew someone she was close to was kept here. I kept my distance because I didn't want to seem creepy by following her. As I hide behind a tree I saw her collapse and start crying. I felt so bad but what i was more concerned about was why she was all beat up?!? I tried not to listen to what she was saying but I couldn't help but listen when I heard things like
"I can't take this anymore"
and
"I want to join you"
I also payed attention when she said my name. She was right I was scared at first. I didn't want to be friends with the girl everyone else hated because I thought they would hate me to but I knew she needed me and I really wanted to be there for her. I'm all she has left. Those words she said swarmed around my head like a bunch of bees. Was I really that important to her? I normally mean nothing to everybody but it's crazy to think about how much of an impact I could have on one girl. I needed to go comfort her she was crying even harder now. I slowly approached her I could tell she was scared. As she snapped her head around I could see the sadness and hurt in her eyes. I ran up to her and hugged her she just cried into my arms. But I was happy I could be here for her. I fell for her more and more every time I saw her and every moment I was with her. Her head was in the crook of my neck and I could feel her tears soaking through my shirt. I took my my hand and lifted her chin up. I took my other hand and wiped her tears making sure not to press hard on her cuts and bruises.

"Claire who did this to you?"

"I'm sorry Ivan I don't want to lose you but I can't tell you." She said a few tears slipping.

"It's fine. I will always be here for you my sweet." I said.

I looked into her beautiful sparkling eyes and just stayed in that moment. I felt like we where the only two things existing in the world. I pulled her closer to me so that she was on my lap and we just stayed like that until the sun went down and the stars came up. She said that it was getting late and she should probably head home so her dad wouldn't worry. Wait that doesn't add up how am I the only thing she has left if she has a caring dad at home?
But anyways I walked her home with my arm around her. I knew she was hurting and I wish I could make everything better for her.

"Thank you for everything you have done for me. Even though this is the first day we have met each other you have already changed my life and I couldn't thank you enough." Claire said breaking the silence

"Well thank you for deciding to give me a chance after I was a dick this morning not helping you. I wish I would've done something to help you and I didn't." I said looking down feeling guilty.

"No don't worry about it. I'm used to dealing with that stuff by myself. You don't have to be sorry." She said back.

"You shouldn't have to got through that by yourself though. You out of everyone doesn't deserve what you have to deal with and I want you to know that I will always be here with open arms." I said smiling at her

"Thank you for that I haven't had that in my life since my mo..." she started "in a while" she corrected herself.

We reached our houses and I gave her a big hug. I watched her walk next door. She is so perfect, I thought to myself. I yelled goodnight and received the same in return. I walked into my house and got ready for bed. I set my alarm for tomorrow morning and layed down under my warm covers thinking about everything that happened today.

"I will make you mine someday my sweet." I muttered before falling deep asleep.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

I don't think I'm going to tell the second part of the night from Claire's pov but I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. And I'm sorry for the slow updates I'm just busy with school and sports but I will try my hardest to update a few chapters a week.😝