7) Glass

Claire's pov;

I sprung up drenched in sweat. I felt like I couldn't breathe. It all felt so real. I didn't want to but I all of a sudden started sobbing. I was so afraid to live and my own dad was the one of the main reasons why. I saw a picture sitting on my desk of me and him smiling and playing outside, it only made me cry more. I got up grabbed the picture and smashed it on the ground. Grades of glass flew everywhere. I slowly just slid down the wall till my butt hit the ground. I curled up in a ball and stayed like that for a while. I was scared my dad would hear then I remembered he left to go spend the week at his new girlfriends house. I felt some weight lift of my shoulders but there was still so much more holding me down. I continued to cry but tried to calm down as I heard a knock on the door. I wiped my eyes and walked downstairs wondering who was outside waiting. They rang the doorbell again and I quickly answered the door taking a deep breaths. There stood......Ivan

"Hey is everything okay I heard a loud crash it sounded like glass?" He said sounding worried.

"Yea everything is fine just dropped something." I said hoping he wouldn't see through my lie.

"Are you sure you are okay??" He asked agin and I nodded in response.

"I was also wondering if you and your dad wanted to have dinner with my family tonight??" He asked nervously scratching the back of his head.

"yes I would love to but my dad is out of town." I replied

"That's fine can't wait to see you tonight." He replied with a wink. I felt my checks started to get hot.

"Yea can't wait." I tried to wink back but ended up blinking really hard with both eyes. I forgot about everything else and just enjoyed the dying moment of laughter Ivan and I are sharing. We both calmed down a little and he very kindly attempted to teach me how to wink although it didn't go very well. But after this I invited him in so we could hang out. It's been a long time since I had a friend and it felt so nice to have someone I could share good and bad moments with. It feels like I have known him forever already and we just met yesterday.

We had a movie marathon but ended up talking most of the time through them. After a few hours I looked at the clock and realized I needed to get ready for the dinner. I told him to wait until I call him to come up realizing there was glass everywhere still. I ran up the stairs and walked into my bedroom. I took a towel and put the glass into one pile. The only thing left was the picture in the frame. How could the person that was with you since your 1st second on earth hate you so much?? I was in my train of thought when I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I quickly hid the picture and pushed the glass under the bed carefully. I went to my closet to look like I had been searching for an outfit.

"Hey Ivan do you mind helping me pick my outfit out?" I asked with my puppy dog lip.

"I guess, I mean I'm pretty good at fashion." He said with a giggle. God I love that giggle. What, I mean he had a nice laugh😶😬

He helped me search until we found the perfect outfit.

I went to the bathroom and got dressed, put my hair into a half up half down bun and did blush, mascara, and I also added a little eyeliner for today

I went to the bathroom and got dressed, put my hair into a half up half down bun and did blush, mascara, and I also added a little eyeliner for today. I finished with some deodorant and perfume. I checked everything in the mirror one last time before walking out. I was still really self conscious and didn't know whether I looked good enough. When I slowly stepped out of the the bathroom Ivan just looked at me and didn't say anything. I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

"Hello Mr.Martinez, do I look okay?" I asked trying to break the silence.

"You look beau- I mean yes you look amazing Claire. I told you I was good at fashion." Trying to cover himself up. I don't know what he was going to say but I wish he did because I wanted to know how he really felt about me.

"Why thank you for your expert help, are you ready for dinner?" I said in reply laughing a little.

"I'm ready for anything as long as I'm with you." He said. I looked down smiling trying to hide my burning up checks. This boy is gonna be the death of me.