Street Brawling Butlers

Start from the beginning

"Ash, don't do that! Are you trying to give me a heart-attack?" I snap at him, resulting in an amused chuckle.

'When did he even get here? I didn't hear any footsteps.'

"Forgive me," he says, with that shit-eating grin of his. "I have been searching for you. Unfortunately, I can't stay for very long, but her majesty has asked me to give you this." I quirk a brow when he presents my with a letter and pluck it from his fingertips before holding it with both hands, staring down at the Queen's seal.

"What's it fo— And, he's gone." I looked back and forth, trying to spot him, but the bastard must've become one with the snow or something because I saw no sign of him. "Stupid angel. Could've at least said bye," I grumble under my breath. I contemplated opening the letter, but decided I'd wait until after I found Arthur and Oli. I walked up and down a couple streets and was about to give in when I heard a young boy shouting for my attention.

"Y/N! Y/N! Y/N!"

"Hey! I've been looking for you, kiddo!" I say as he runs to me and open up my arms. Oliver giggles as I lift him off the ground and spin him around a few times, stumbling around. Arthur was not far behind his little brother, panting to catch his breath as he stopped in front of me.

"Oliver, please, stop... Runnin' off without warnin' me!" he says between breaths, making me laugh as I set the boy down.

"I have good news for you both," I announce, smiling.

"Really?! What is it? What is it?" Oliver asks excitedly, bouncing up and down on his heels.

"Well, really, it's up to you, but I've recently acquired a mansion. I was wondering if you two would like to live there with me. It's big with a lot of unused rooms. It'd get pretty lonely living there by myself." And Drossel, of course, but let's face it, he's not a good conversationalist. The place would be much more lively with these two in it.

"Y/N, we couldn't possibly! I still 'aven't paid you back for all the other times you've 'elped us!" Arthur seemed shocked yet uncertain about accepting just like that.

"Pay me back? Arthur, I already told you, you don't have to do anything for me. I'm always happy to help people. Makes me feel useful."

"I'm sorry, Miss Y/N, it's a kind offer, but..." He trails off with a heavy sigh. Oliver pouts and gives the older boy his best puppy-dog eyes while tugging on his sleeve.

"Awe, but brother!"

"At least come see it. Maybe spend the night? Could be fun," I suggest, nudging his arm, which caused him to break into a little smile as Oli egged him on.

"Oh, please, please, please!"

"Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to see it, but only one night."

"Yay!" Oliver throws his hands up and hugs his brother tightly. I laugh.

"It's settled, then. Let's go!" I motion for them to follow me, and we were off, going down streets all the way until we stopped in front of the entrance to the doll shop. Needless to say, Arthur was very confused.

"An antique shop? I though you said it was a mansion?" He looked slightly disappointed as he met my gaze with a brow raised.

"It's not just an antique shop, my good sir," I claim dramatically as I step ahead of them and opened the door. The bell rang on entry as we filed in, and I lead them to the back door. Along the way, Oli couldn't help admiring all the toys, though his brother anchored his hand to keep him from going off on his own. It was so cute.

"Isn't this trespassin'?" Arthur questions with uncertainty, looking about as though he expected the store owner to jump out and attack us. I settle him with a smile.