Chapter 16

Cydney's POV (Kaylee's birthday)

I have been taking care of August this whole week. I didn't mind, I love him and it brought us closer. I've been to the emergency room with him twice and lost a lot of sleep. No matter what I feed him, it doesn't stay down. He throws it up and his nose bleeds, the same thing constantly. I'm just there to try and comfort him. He always tells me I don't have to, but what kind of girl would I be of I didn't? He appreciates it and he shows it, so I'm happy to help him.

Today is Kaylee's birthday and he's more excited than she is.

"My baby girl is finally 5 today!" he carried her from the tub and to her room.

"Can I wear this?" I heard her say. It must be the outfit he got her for Christmas.

I walked by and cracked the door, and he almost had her fully dressed. He got up and grabbed a brush, some wash away hair glitter from her closet, blue and white bows, and a long blue ribbon. She sat perfectly still with Ozzie in her hands as he got started by pulling her hair into a ponytail. He then braided the ponytail, wrapped the braid into a bun and secured it with a bobby pin. I watched as he wrapped the ribbon around it and placed 2 white bows on the left and right and a blue one in the middle. He then got the glitter and gently sprinkled it on the bun. He finished getting her dressed and brought her to the mirror.

He pulled his mask down and said, "You like it?" his voice was raspy from being so sick.

"Yes, thank you! I wanna hug you but Auntie Cydney told me not to so I won't get sick." she smiled.

"Aw it's ok, I'm glad you like it." he smiled and I walked away to finish packing for the party. I had been planning in between caring for August. I rented out an entire pool and went to a kid's party place downtown. I paid for a Frozen party and decor, I was hella excited to see how it turned out, I just hope she likes it.

I invited Nicki and Caiah, of course she said yes. Jahseh and his girlfriend, he said he'd try to come but he didn't know. Chris and Kae were coming even though I don't trust her, Chyna and Ty were coming too. Cynthia called to tell me that she was going to try to come. She put herself in rehab to try and get Kaylee back but it wasn't happening.

"Auntie Cydney!" Kaylee ran downstairs. She held my light blue Mac lipstick.

"Yes?" I turned to her.

"Can I wear this today? It matches!" she twirled around. She wore an Elsa t-shirt, the blue glitter tutu and jean jacket with black and blue 12s.

"Sure." I smiled. She thanked me and ran back upstairs.

After August was done showering I got in. I put on a blue strapless sundress and white wedges. I put on a jean jacket with it and pulled my hair in a bun with a blue headband. I went back downstairs were I had everything packed: Kaylee's swimsuits, extra swimsuits for anyone who need one, sunscreen, lotion, towels, and the whole nine. I sighed and started to pack everything in August's Range Rover.

Once I was done I went back in and August was sitting on the couch the couch with his mask on. He wore a light blue t-shirt with black jeans and the same shoes that Kaylee had on.

"Hey, you ok?" I sat next to him.

"Yeah, I just won't be able to get in the water or drink." his raspy voice said, he looked sad.

"I love Kaylee's hair, where did you learn to do that?"

"Taking care of my niece." he chuckled. I nodded. We sat in silence until I saw a tear roll down his face.

"What's wrong?" I wiped it away.

"I just wish I wasn't sick, I wanted to be more involved with Kaylee today." he sighed.

I smiled, "I know, she still seems happy to have you here."

"You're right, is it time to go before I mess up my clothes like I did my first two outfits?" he asked, standing up.

"Yes, Kaylee!" I called. She ran down the stairs with my handheld mirror and lipstick. She had applied it perfectly.

"Happy birthday to me!" she pranced around. We both laughed and August grabbed her hand and took her to the car.

*****************

"Happy birthday to you!" Nicki sung to Kaylee in the pool. She laughed and swam over to me.

"Auntie Cydney, where's August?"

"He went to the bathroom." I said. She nodded and swam back to Nicki and Chris.

We had been at the pool for 3 hours and he had threw up three time, I brought him hella clothes so that was a plus.

"I'm back." he mumbled, sitting next to me. 

"Do you wanna go home? You don't have to stay if you don't want to."

"No, I wanna stay." he leaned over and kissed my cheek and coughed right after.

"August, are you ready for your surgery?" I asked, he sighed.

"As ready as I'll ever be, I can only eat something light, like soup before the surgery."

"Ok, I'll make sure to do that for you." I smiled. He leaned on my shoulder.

"I love you."

"I love you too." I smiled and stared at him.

"My eye sight will be foggy after the surgery, I have one on my liver next week." he sighed.

"I'll be right by your side." I intertwined our fingers.

"When are we gonna get married?" he asked out of no where.

"Let's wait a little while. We should enjoy this time now and afterwards we can settle down." I kicked my feet in the water.

"The princesses are here, I'm gonna go take a shit and I'll be back." he lifted himself up and went to the bathroom.

"Ok, love you!" I called after him. I got up and went over to them.

By this time 2 more hours had went by and it was 5. Kaylee was having the time of her life. She had danced and sung with the princesses for while and cut the cake. Some people had started to leave but our close friends were still there.

I was eating a slice of watermelon when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey." Jahseh smiled.

"Hey X." I stood and hugged him.

"Uh...sorry about what I did a few weeks ago...I didn't mean to come between you and August. I'm happy for you, really...I didn't want things between us to be uncomfortable." he put his hands in his shorts pockets. I had to say, he looked good with no shirt.

"It's ok, you just didn't know." I ensured him. He smiled.

"Thanks, Kaylee told me to tell you that she's tired." he pointed. She was knocked out in Chris' lap.

"Well, too late now." I said, we both laughed. We talked until August came back.

"My man, Jahseh, what's up?!" August shook his hand.

Jahseh looked at him strangely, "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Liver and eye disease, sick as shit." he said. Jahseh nodded and turned to me.

"I'm gonna go take Amiah home, see you." he hugged me and walked away.

"Cydney, I'm tired and I feel like shit." he sighed.

"We're going home, don't worry." I took him to the car and packed everything up.

What a tiring fuckin day.