Chapter 1

Cydney's POV

I drug myself through the kitchen doors, that Coke float still on my mind. Maybe I could negotiate with this guy, he can spend the night as long as he wants, eat and sleep, just so long as he doesn't hurt me.

But, as much as I wanted my feet to go, they didn't move. I watched as he ate something in the fridge and laid across the counter, watching the small TV that sat next to the sink. The same news report was on, he chuckled and put his hands behind his head and sighed. I finally made my way in there.

He paused, stared at me and drew his knife, charging towards me.

"Hey, hey, hey, no need to hurt me." I said. He just stared at me blankly.

Oh God!

He's handsome! He's about 5'8, a bit scrawny, but that jawline is to die for! He has a few tattoos, and oh, those pearly whites!

"Ha! No need? You'll just call the police!" His raspy voice said. He yanked his hood off, revealing his face. He was a bit pale, and there was a gash across his face. Hmm, he must be sick. It is like 20° outside.

"Why would I do that?" I crossed my arms and leaned against the doorway. He looked at me curiously.

"The hell are you talking about?" He raised the knife.

"You."

"Hmph." He smirked. "Why would you care?" He stroked my cheek with the knife.

"Come on, you're sick." I lowered his knife and grabbed his hand. He reluctantly followed me to the living room. I paused, ran back to the kitchen and got the gallon of ice cream.

"What are you doing?" He asked as I sat him down.

"You're sick, haven't you noticed you're pale and that's a nasty gash on your face." I touched it and he winced.

"Shit." He was about to jump up but I pulled him back down, turning on the light.

I grabbed the first aid kit from behind the TV and walked back up to him.

"Take your shirt off." I sighed, rubbing my eyes sleepily.

"Ooh, you tryna check me out." He smirked.

"Please put the knife down, take your shirt off so I can try to get you better, I can't let you leave here like this." I said. He looked like he was about to say something, but he did as I said.

I felt his eyes on me as I rubbed alcohol on his minor scrapes and cuts. I fought the feeling to look back at him, I knew if I did I would blush hard.

I grabbed some hot water and rubbed him down with it. He seemed to relax as I did this. He stared at the TV, they were still talking about him.

"That's bullshit, I am not 5'5!" He yelled, throwing a box of tissue at it.

"Well maybe if you calm down, they won't hear you and try to come find you." I giggled. He chuckled.

I plugged in my heating pad and motioned for him to lay on the couch. He grunted and laid there. I carefully wrapped it around his waist. This seemed to help him a lot, color returned to his face, returning him back to his chocolate color. I smiled and disappeared into the kitchen.

August's POV

I watched her sway into the kitchen. She was so fine, lord... What I would do to have a women like her for a night. But, I can't stay around here too long, the police will catch up to me.

Lord knows I don't need that to happen.

I shifted a bit on the couch, the heating pad keeping my comfy. I sighed and closed my eyes. I jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

My eyes met hers. She was so gorgeous, she had light brown curly hair that was pulled into a ponytail. She had freckles that played across her light skin. And those eyes...those soft brown eyes. Oh. My. God.

"Here you go." She smiled and handed me a bowl.

"What's this?" I examined it. It was vanilla ice cream with something poured over it.

"A Coke Float, try it." She handed me a spoon and started to eat her's, sitting beside me. I sat up and took a spoon. I have to say, that shit was amazing.

We were half way through some TV show when someone kicked the door down. I looked in the kitchen and saw flash lights.

Fuck.

I grabbed my shirt and knife, pushing her under the table. I heard her cry out, she was probably scared. I ran to her room, hiding behind a closet door. They searched the house, never finding either of us.

Why in the hell didn't they check the bedroom?

I jumped when I heard someone twist the door knob. I panicked, scanning her pink, gray, white and gold bedroom. A vent was just above her bed. I jumped up and yanked the cover off and climbed up. They looked around for a while and slowly walked out. I jumped down just as the door closed.

I waited 30 minutes until the last police car pulled off. I made my way back to the living room, when I noticed blood on my knife. DAMMIT! I had stabbed her, that's why she cried!

I made my way to the living room. She was still laying under the table crying.

"Aww." My face softened from my "badass" demeanor and I pulled from to the couch. I slowly lifted her shirt, she had a cut in her side but nothing major. She had her eyes covered, still crying.

"Stop crying." I said. She continued.

"Quit crying!" I exclaimed. She looked at me with surprised, red eyes.

"Come on." I pulled her out and onto the couch. I yanked her shirt off, which made her wince. I poured the alcohol on the cut and she screamed, eh, I have no sympathy...

But...

It was something about when she cried, it made me feel so damn stupid! I yelled at her, yanked her shirt off, and forced alcohol onto her wound? I'm a damn monster!

"Hey," I carefully stroked her hair. She looked me in the eyes. "Stop crying." I smiled. She did too but tears covered her entire face.

"I got that." I laughed and grabbed tissues. She smiled again and wiped her face.

I continued to fix her wound. I got the thread and needle and carefully ran it over her skin. I poked my finger but ignored it cause she was my priority.

"That better?" I looked up at her. She had fallen asleep.

I guess that Coke float made her sleepy.

I laughed, and carried her to her room. I tucked her in and smiled. She's gorgeous sleeping! I almost wanted to wake her up and tell her how pretty just to make her blush, but she deserves her rest after the hell filled night.

I kissed her cheek and walked to her dresser. I found a pink glitter marker, grabbed it and did a bit of art work. I chuckled to myself before drawing an "A" on her collar bone, just like my tat. I retrieved my knife and went back to her bedroom. I was about to leap out when I heard a soft voice.

"Hey." she stared at me with sleepy eyes.

"Yeah?" I turned to her.

"Will you be back?" she slowly sat up. I felt the heat spread across my face.

"If you want me to come, I will."

"Yes, of course I do." she smiled.

"See ya!" I yelled, winking at her and jumping out. I heard her soft laughter as I closed the window.

What a night...