Chapter 14

Cydney's POV (1 week later)

I woke up with August's tight grip around me. I turned to him and smiled.

"August, can you let me up." I tapped him.

"No, lay here with me." he mumbled.

"I have to go cook and check on Kaylee."

"Lay here with me, please." he said softly. I sighed.

"Ok." I laid back down. He pulled me closer to him under the covers.

"Cydney." he said after a while.

"Yes?"

"I don't wanna die." a tear fell from his eye.

"Don't talk like that, you're not gonna die."

"You don't know that Cydney, I wanna be here with you as long as I can. I can't let this damn disease stop me." his eyes fluttered open and he stared at me. I smiled and pecked his lips.

"August I promised I would marry you, I'm gonna keep that promise."

"Thank you. I'm glad I have your support." he whispered.

I smiled, "You're welcome."

We lay there for another 10 minutes until he shifted and sighed. He stared at me and smiled.

"What?"

"You're so damn pretty, I got lucky this time." he pecked my lips.

"Thank you, my handsome baby." I smiled.

"I got a surprise for you and Kaylee."

"I hope it's not like Christmas last year."

"No, it's about me."

"Of course." I rolled my eyes.

He smacked his teeth, "It's good news, Cookie!"

"Alright August, if you say so."

"That's the spirit!" he licked my bottom lip.

"Eww!" I squealed. He laughed and sat up.

"I'm going to go get Kaylee, if she's not mad at me." he jumped up and ran out. I don't know what the fuck I'm gonna do with goofy ass.

I got up, showered and got dressed while August entertained Kaylee. I put on a sports bra and leggings cuz it's hot as hell. I went downstairs and started to cook. I made grits, sausage, bacon, eggs, toast and pancakes. I poured 3 cups of orange juice and fixed everyone's plate.

"Come eat!" I called to them. They rushed in, August put her at the table and sat beside her.

"Here you go." I passed them their plates and drinks, I sat down and started to eat.

I looked up from my phone and Kaylee was reaching up with her spoon to get food from her plate. She put it up to her mouth and ate it, some fell on her lap and got on her mouth. August would look down and clean it up with a napkin, I smiled because it was adorable and finished eating.

"Cydney and Kaylee, I've got a surprise for you." August put his dishes away and came back.

"Ooh, what is it!" Kaylee said excitedly. I smiled and wiped her mouth.

"Look!" he held up a certificate. I read it and my jaw dropped.

"You got signed!" I jumped up and hugged him.

"I know! Now I can make music and get money, we can move to L.A!"

"I know, I know." I kissed him.