Chapter 4

Cydney's POV

When I woke up the next morning August wasn't next to me. I sat up and smelled something...sweet. Someone is cooking. Maybe my sister. I brushed my teeth and pulled my hair into a ponytail. I headed downstairs where August was cooking with Kaylee's help. Christmas music was playing.

"Good morning, Auntie Cydney." Kaylee said sweetly, giving me a plate.

"Good Morning baby girl, thank you." I sat it on the table.

"Mornin' Cookie!" August exclaimed, kissing my cheek.

"Good Morning, August. Thanks for cooking." I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"No problem." he pecked my lips.

"Eww!" Kaylee yelled from her high chair with a mouth full of pancakes.

"Girl please." August rolled his eyes and picked her up.

"August I gotta pee." she said as he sat her down.

"Ok."

"Will you help me get dressed?" she asked him sweetly.

"Sure, if Auntie Cydney doesn't mind." he looked at me.

"Go ahead." I said.

"Yay!" Kaylee jumped up and down. " I already got my outfit!" she took off up the stairs and August followed.

It was quiet for a minute and I continued to eat. I was startled when I heard Kaylee scream and August yell my name.

"CYDNEY! GET UP HERE, PLEASE!" he yelled frantically. I took off up the stairs and busted in her room. August was holding her over and her shirt was off.

"What is it?!" I exclaimed.

"Look!" he turned her around. There was a giant blue and purple bruise on Kaylee's back and scratches.

"Did you do this?!" I ran up to her.

"NO! I don't know what happened! When I changed her into her pajamas last night this wasn't here!" he exclaimed. Kaylee stood there looking scared.

"Kaylee." I reached for the bruise but she flinched and backed away. I slowly touched it and she immediately started to scream and cry.

"Aww, baby girl." August pulled her into his arms and rocked her back and forth.

"Who the hell did this..." I started to pace back and forth with hot tears of anger streaming down my face.

"Calm down, Cydney." August said, still rocking Kaylee.

"I'm going to kill whoever did it.." I kept going. I looked down and August was steady trying to calm her down.

"Baby girl." August said softly. She looked at him with eyes full of tears.

"Maybe nobody did it." he looked up at me. "did you fall off the bed?" She shook her head no.

"Did you fall out the bathtub?" I asked. She still said no.

"Boo boo," August stood her up, "Who hit you?" She shrugged her shoulders.

"You have to tell me and Auntie Cydney so we can help you." he sighed.

She hiccuped as she spoke, "Mom...Mommy said I was bad...so she hit me." she started to cry again.

"Cynthia..." her words hit me like a sword. I swear if I ever see her I'm gonna kill her.

"What did you do?" August wiped her face.

"I drop....dropped her..her phone on...on the floor."