Chapter 5

Cydney's POV

August and I took care of Kaylee all day. We washed her covers and clothes, ordered her gifts and August claimed he had something "special" planned for us on Christmas Eve, which is 2 days away. Kaylee had just woke up from another nap and was playing with August in the living room.

I was putting up the leftovers when I heard the door bust open. I heard slurred language, who the hell could that be?

I walked in and saw Cynthia throw her jacket on the couch.

"Where's my daughter?" she slurred. She was drunk as a bum and it was disgusting.

"None of your business." I pushed August behind me who had Kaylee's hand.

"Whatever, come here Kaylee." she reached. Kaylee backed away and gripped August's leg.

"Get the fuck away from her!" I pushed her against the bookshelf. She wiped her face and started to chuckle deeply.

"What makes you think you can take my baby away from me?" She said, the chuckling turned to full blown laughter.

"We can take this shit to court, you beat the girl like she's a fucking dog! She has bruises all across her, and not only that, she has 2 inch deep cuts!" I yelled.

"Take it to court, you'll never prove I did it! I sure did, but prove it!" she yelled back.

I smirked and held up my phone. "I got it on camera." I smiled. She screamed and charged towards me. I threw August my phone and he ran up the stairs with Kaylee.

"You BITCH!" She tried to swing. I pushed her to the ground and jumped on top of her, punching her repeatedly. She swung me around and threw me on top of the coffee table, shattering it.

"To be so short you sure put up a fight." she smiled with a blood covered face.

"And I plan to keep going." I charged at her but she snatched my hair and dragged me up the stairs.

"FUCK!" I screamed as my head hit each and every step.

She dropped me, kicked me in the stomach causing me to cough up blood, and started walking towards Kaylee's room. I might have been weak, but I felt something snap in me- something I didn't know I have. It was nothing but pure hatred, anger and sadness.

With all my strength I ran up to her and pushed her. We tumbled and ended up at the end of the hall. I kept hitting, slapping, kicking, punching, until she was weak. I kept going until I was relieved.

"Stop, please, please, stop..." she mumbled. I slowly stood up and looked over her.

She suddenly got up and ran at me. I was stunned for a minute but I pushed her, and kept pushing until she was half way out the window at the end of the hall.

"Mia was right!" she screamed, "You're nothing but a freak! You're nothing like any other walking human being on this earth, you're an animal! You're short, skinny, nobody wants you and never will! You ain't shit, never gone be shit, and that's a fact! Not even August wants you! If he did he wouldn't have fucked me or Mia! Go die, bitch! You're a freak!"

Through all those tears, I managed to say, "I guess I won't be only one, that rash across your face is nasty." I smirked. She gasped as I let her go. She fell 2 stories and hit the ground with a loud blood curdling crack. I turned around and leaned against the window.

Maybe she's right...

August's POV

I stood there and watched Cydney. She sighed and wiped blood away from her face, which I wasn't sure weather it was hers or not. I walked up to her and hugged her, she started to cry.