Chapter 2

Cydney's POV

I woke up with that guy on my mind. I smiled at the thought of that pretty smile and sharp jawline. I carefully sat up, avoiding my wound. I smiled as I saw my mirror. There was a giant heart in the middle with the words "Sleep tight!" written in the middle. I looked down and noticed something else. He had written his name at the bottom.

"-August!" was written in a graffiti type of way. I smiled and took a picture of the heart. I didn't wanna erase it. I sighed. I guess I can just pay $75 for another vanity mirror, right? I sighed and smiled at it again. I noticed something else...

There's an A on my collar bone! Just like his! I blushed hard at the sight. I put a bandage over it so it wouldn't come off while I was in the shower.

Cause...

We'll have something in common, and even if that is a pink glitter "A", I don't mind.

August's POV

I walked down the street, casually strolling and no one seemed to notice. I pulled my hood down further, the ice cold wind blew in my face. Fuck, I've gotta find somewhere to go.

I saw a small gas station up ahead. It should be warm in there.

I dug in my pocket for wallet. I pulled out the 20 dollar bill I had gotten from a store in a town about 3 miles away. I had to get money somehow.

I walked in and sighed in relief as the warm air hit my face. I wondered around until I found the snack aisle. I looked down at the candy. Should I get the jumbo Snickers or Twix? I continued contemplating between the two when I noticed a little girl standing next to me.

"Excuse me, sir." She politely said, reaching for skittles. I gave her a smile and went back to looking at the candy.

"Whatcha doing?" Her cute little voice asked.

"Lookin at the Twix and Snickers."

"Get both!" She looked up at me. She had to be about 4 or 5.

"You're right." I smiled and grabbed them.

"I know you! You're the A Man! You were on the news. My mommy likes you, she said she wants to ride you but I told her you're not a horse!" She giggled.

Thank God she doesn't know what that means.

"That's me."

"I'm Kaylee!" She held her arms up, wanting me to pick her up.

"How old are you, Ms. Kaylee?" I asked, grabbing her.

"4." She smiled.

"You're so cute." I kissed her cheek and she giggled.

"You too, there's my mommy!" She pointed and smiled. I put her down and watched her run up to a woman. Kaylee said something to her and she looked at me smiling. She waved me to come over. She was tall with dark red hair and was light, I recognized those eyes from somewhere.

"I'm Cynthia." She held out her hand.

I shook it saying, "I'm, well, I can't tell you who I am."

"Its ok." She laughed. "Kaylee, come on, go get Auntie Cydney." Kaylee ran over to the ATM. I recognized that light brown curly hair.

Oh shit...

"I...I gotta go!" I yelled running out, and taking the candy with me.

Cydney's POV

"Auntie, look! It's the A Man!" Kaylee pulled my jacket sleeve.

"A Man?" I looked up to see August flying out the door. He doesn't wanna see me?

Or maybe he was embarrassed? I guess he'll see me whenever he's ready.

"He's gone." Kaylee whined.

"He'll be back." I laughed and picked her up.

And I'm sure he will be.

***************

I was home with Kaylee that evening. She was in the living room sleeping. She had fell asleep with skittles in her lap. I laughed and took them out.

I put her in my bed and started to wash dishes. I jumped when I saw a shadow.

"Hey, Cookie." August smiled.

"Hey." I turned red.

Why does he make me feel this way?

"You seem flustered." He took off the hood of his black hoodie and smirked.

"What makes you say that?" I leaned against the sink as he approached me.

"That blush." He ran his finger across my face and I got chills.

"Uh.." I stuttered as he grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him. I tensed as he put his forehead to mine. He laughed and let go of me.

"So what's up with you, Cookie?" He took a seat at the kitchen table.

"Nothing really, I went out with my sister and niece." I turned back to the sink.

"Oh ok..." he trailed off. I turned and he was staring at my ass.

"Perv."

"Well anyway!" He turned red with embarrassment.

I laughed and said, "What have you done today, August?" He seemed caught off guard by me saying his name but realized last night.

"Oh nothing, I see you still have my trademark." He sat back.

"Oh yeah."

"I thought you would've washed it off by now."

"No, I wanted to keep it." I said softly. He stared at me for a while, before walking up to me. He pulled me closer to him by the waist so our faces were only inches away from each other.

"Cydney." He softly said.

"Yeah." I looked up at him. He leaned in and closed his eyes.

OH NO!

I closed mine too and was ready...

When I felt him lick my damn cheek!

"AUGUST!" I yelled, wiping it away. He laughed hard.

"Eww!" I squealed.

"Auntie Cydney." Kaylee rubbed her eyes and stood in the doorway with a blanket around her.

"Hey sweetie." I pushed August off me.

"A Man!" Kaylee ran up to August.

"Hey cutie." He picked her up and smiled.

"A man." She giggled.

"You can call me August."

"You can call me Kaylee!" She replied, making me laugh.

"What you laughing at?" He leaned against me.

"Yeah, what you laughing at!" Kaylee said. I shook my head.

"You already rubbing off on her." I shook my head.

"And that's a bad thing?" He sat her down and she ran to the living room.

"Well," I turned to him, "maybe it's not."

"Alright then." he smiled and walked out.

His ass is huge😩