•Espresso Patronum•

art credit (unknown)

"Why do we keep coming here if you hate it so much, mate? We can start getting the coffee off campus if it's that bad..." Ron said to his best friend as his girlfriend pushed the door open into a warm coffee shop with mostly smiling employees.

"Malfoy."

"Potter," he spit back like an insult.

"Malfoy!" yelped a manager from the store room.

The blonde behind the counter cleared his throat and sent a sneer across the counter instead of a smile, though his voice was still falsely sweet.

"Hello, what can I get for you?"

"I just want a cinnabon," said Ron happily to Hermione who sauntered up first to order. She smiled at him then spoke to Malfoy while still staring at the menu board above his head.

"Can I get a...grande pumpkin spice latte with whipped cream?" Ron nudged her. "Oh, and a cinnabon."

"Pumpkin spice for Granger!" He called out to the Pansy Parkinson who was working next to him. She rolled her eyes.

"She always gets the same damn thing," muttered the dark haired girl, though she had still started preparing the drink while Malfoy slipped on gloves and wrapped the dessert for Ron. "You would think with as much time as she stares at the menu she would try something new once in a while."

"And for you?" The blonde sneered at Harry who had taken to leaning across the counter whenever he came in, even when he wasn't ordering.

"How do you know I'm going to get something?" he asked with a sneer of his own.

"You always get something," responded the blonde though he spoke as if it were more of an annoying coincidence than a fact he couldn't help but remember.

"But you always get my name wrong."

"Oh, sue me. What'll it be, four-eyes?"

"I guess I'll have a..." Harry shrugged. "Yeah, gimme a tall, non-fat latte with caramel drizzle."

The blonde narrowed his eyes, but grabbed a cup and made the drink anyway. When he handed the cups to both Harry and Hermione only one of them was correctly labeled as they walked from the building after Harry insisted on stuffing a fiver in the tip jar.

"Hairy Peters," read Harry very seriously as they headed to the library. "He actually wrote that on my cup. That is a thing he actually did."

Ron quickly stifled a laugh. Harry looked at him and his best friend shrugged.

"It's kinda funny, mate. You two have been going at it for years now."

"At least it's better than that time he wrote scarhead-" Hermione put in.

"Or four-eyed git-"

"-or hornets nest. Just stop patronizing him, Harry. He likes you."

"I'm not doing anything! I just order coffee and he always gets my name wrong. We've had classes together! He knows how to spell it." The ravenette was pouting, but that didn't stop him from drinking his wrongly labeled coffee. "Wait- Did you just say he likes me?"

"I thought it was pretty obvious. Right, Ron?"

His other best friend scratched at his neck for a moment before agreeing.

"I mean, he does always get your orders right..."

"That's his job," argued Harry.