•For Naught (pt 2)•

art credit (zarin-a on deviantart)

Draco pushed himself from the hospital bed before resolutely falling back into it. He rolled over and puked into a bucket he was sure Madam Pomfrey had left for this very reason.

When he first found out he was a veela he was ecstatic. Wings, unfathomable magic, beauty, eternal love- he stopped the thought as Pomfrey came in with a calming draught.

"Just a sip of this, dear. It won't help everything, but it will help you relax enough for us to go and get Mr. Potter back in here."

"I'm fine," he snapped. He knew that his parents had made the professors aware of his circumstances, hut it wasn't their business to be parading about to the bloody nurse! He had been sure he could hold off the need to mate much longer than he had.

4 days, he huffed. He had only been avoiding Potter for 4 sodding days before he collapsed for a month. Merlin forbid he actually try to leave the bed without the bespectacled git in the same room.

He lied back in the bed and snatched the covers up to his cjin when the door to the hospital wing was thrown open and Pansy walked in with much more grace than her pig face seemed to offer. She walked smoothly towards his bedand gave him a huge smile.

"Draco, darling, how are you? You look absolutely terrible, dear. i mean-" she reached over and smacked him on the back of the head, dropping the smile and the act. "What, do you plan on dying before Potter finds out the truth?"

"I have no idea what you're on about."

"Draco, anyone with eyes and a brain could figure it out! A bloody hippogriff could figure it out! You're being as secretive as a fucking erumpent in a china shop!-"

He smashed a hand over her mouth to quiet her.

"Stop yelling, you're making it worse."

"THAT'S THE POINT!" She said wven louder. "I'm thinking if I shout it loud enough it might sink in, you imbecile. Stop being such a coward."

"I'm not being a coward," he pouted childishly. "I'm just not ready to die."

"You're dying either way, darling," she was smoothing the hair back from his face lovingly. She was a good friend when she wasn't being such a witch, his brain supplied.

"But- Pansy, what if he rejects me?"

She shrugs but gives him a sad smile.

"Then you tried and I'll get Blaise and Milicent to help me avenge you."

He gave her a small chuckle and she smiled again before leaning down and kissing his forehead.

"I have class, but I'll be back." She walked over to the door and smiled at him again. "See you tomorrow," she promised. Once she left he started repositioning himself on the bed.

The blonde blinked a few times and when he opened his eyes the last time, it was to watch as the air beside his bed where Pansy had been standing only moments before began shimmering. Another minute and the shimmering space fell away to reveal a determined yet confused Harry Potter.

"What was Parkinson talking about? What truth?"

"How did you get in here?"

"Invisibility cloak. What am I going to find out? Why am I rejecting you? Why are you dying? What's going on?!"

Draco decided then that it wouldn't be so bad, this thing he needed from Potter. Especially when he had no idea what was going on, but looked as though he would still move the earth and heavens for his enemy just to be okay.

"Sit down, Potter. We should talk."

~~~<~>~~~

been a while huh?

decided to go ahead and finish some stuff

*heavy sigh*

much love

-- angel janeé xoxo 💋