•Their Daughter's Date•

art credit (sutexii)
{hope i do you justice, babe}

Jessie stomped back up the steps for what seemed like about the tenth time.

"I don't see the problem with what she had on, love," said Draco as he used his finger to magically command a spoon to stir his tea.

"Her top was too tight!" Harry said as though it was obvious, which to him it was. "All I did was tell her to go put on a jumper or something."

"You can't control her every move, Harry. She's on break from school. I think she would like to wear what she wants."

"And you know so much about what she wants?" He snapped without thinking.

"She may look like 'your side'of the family, but I think you're forgetting that I did carry her for nine months. I hope I know something about her." Draco stood up, taking his mug with him as he headed towards the library where he would no doubt spend the rest of the day. "But what would I know, right? I have the ministry job. I'm never around. You work at the same bloody school as her and still can't figure out that she doesn't want to be treated like a child anymore than you did at her age."

"Look, I'm sorry okay. Don't go locking yourself up in that damned library. It's just that I don't know how to..." Harry shrugged at his husband for lack of better words.

"Let go, I think you mean. You're not good at letting go. You never have been, but at some point you have to learn..." He stepped closer with a smirk as he placed his mug back onto the counter. "I can help you there."

"Oh, can you?" asked Harry with a chuckle.

"Sure...after we clean the house you didn't forget why she's going out, did you?"

"She's hanging out with her girlfriend then flooing home with her for dinner." He spoke while looking down solemnly shaking his head.

"Exactly, which means...?" Draco narrowed his eyes at Harry.

"You're probably going to be an insufferable git until the house is clean."

"Look at that, I didn't marry an idiot after all. Mother would be proud." He kissed Harry's cheek just as Jessie came back down the stairs with her arms crossed and a pout on her lips.

She had changed into a more loose fitting tank top and shorts.

"Is this okay? I didn't mean to make you guys argue... I just- I wanted to look nice for Kris," she said looking down at her shoes.

"Yeah, that's fine." Harry pulled her into a hug before ruffling her hair then moving over to look out the back window.

"Don't look so down," Draco added in. "You should be worried if your dad and I don't argue."

"True!" shouted Lily from the living room at the same time that Jessie laughed, saying: "I guess you're right."

"Have fun on your date, but call before you come home," he added in a conspiratorial whisper. "You know how long it takes your dad to cook dinner."

"I'm right here!" Harry yelped incredulously.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Potter," Draco said winking at Jessie as he stood up straighter and brushed the nonexistent dirt from his clothes.