•Can You Hear Me?•

art credit (unknown)

Harry Potter walked around with a seemingly endless supply of music in his headphones. It was the only thing he could do to avoid the stares he got when people knew who he was.

"He's the Potter's kid," he heard a guy say one day when he first started at this school.

"The ones that got murdered by that psycho?" The other boy responded.

"Yeah, apparently he was spared 'cause their dog ran the guy off or something..."

That was the first day Harry put headphones on at school, but it definitely wasn't the last. They were like a part of him now. He wore them around the house, because he wouldn't be able to live with his relatives otherwise, and he wore them so much at school the teacher stopped asking him to take them off.

He got good enough grades and he listened to recordings of lectures for anything he could have missed.

To be honest the only time his headphones were off was when he was bathing or while he was asleep and most mornings he would wake up with the cords wrapped around his body. He was saving up for a wireless pair. They had to make life easier, he decided.

He walked down the hallway with his head down per usual and moved towards his locker. Before he could reach it though he ran face first into someone else.

He looked up and caught sight of smoldering silver irises. The boy sneered and pushed him away.

The boy started speaking seemingly angry, but Harry was too wrapped up in his eyes to focus on trying to pay attention and he was too uninterested to read lips, not to mention the headphone situation.

"What, are you blind?" asked Harry getting worked up while pointing to his headphones. It seemed like the blonde in front of him hated being ignored as well as everything else.

"No," snapped the blonde clearly. "But I am deaf!" He said pointing at his own ears. It took a moment before he understood. When he did, Harry looked the boy over curiously.

"You don't look deaf," he said tactlessly. In my defense, he thought to himself. I rarely talk to anyone properly anyway.

"Yeah, well you don't look ignorant." the guy shrugged. "But, I guess you can't judge a book, right?"

Harry looked surprised but smirked and nodded. The guy said something unintelligible and Harry tilted his head to the side confused as he looked up at the boy who was easily a head taller than him.

"Can you hear me?" The guy asked almost suddenly and Harry shook his head then reached up to remove his headphones in school for the first time in almost 2 years. The guy almost immediately reached out and grabbed his hands while shaking his head. "No, I like being on an equal playing field...for once."

The guy stopped talking then as if trying to form the words to make them sound correctly was too much work for him. Instead he pulled a time sheet from his book bag and handed it to Harry before pointing at the next class he was supposed to be heading towards.

Harry nodded in understanding before looking at the name on the schedule. Malfoy, Draco.

He pointed at himself as if to say he had that class too then motioned his head to show that Draco could just follow him.  Of course he went to his locker first before finally heading to Biology Lab and insisting Draco be his lab partner since no one else wanted to be with The Potter's kid anyway.

Draco smiled at him gratefully, although he looked very shy, before mouthing a thank you and nodding. They both knew the smile and the nod was more than enough, but Harry loved the way the blonde's lips moved as he spoke silent words and Draco for whatever reason loved when this stranger watched him.

This year is going to be very interesting.

~~~<~>~~~

angsty teen harry

based on that pic & a scene from
The Bratz movie

no i have never seen the entire movie
i do like the scene tho

i really like deaf culture
and deaf/blind fics

part 2 maybe??

comment ideas
love y'all

-- angel janeé xoxo 💋