•Blind Date Of Doom•

art credit (meodwarf|deviantart)

Pansy pulled out the chair next to Harry and smiled at his forlorn expression.

"Trouble in paradise?" she asked with a wicked grin as she saw the girl who occupied the seat before her storm out of the small family owned diner.

"Oh no, never," Harry said sarcastically, scoffing.

"Our lovely little Granger has told me that you're having a few issues in the L-O-V-E department. To quote a friend of mine: 'I can help you there'. So what's your type?"

"No. Nope. A million times no. Not gonna happen." Harry almost immediately shook his head urgently while holding his hands up in surrender. "I have enough bad dates on my resumé to last me a lifetime since Neville and 'Mione seem to be trying to set me up with everyone they know or have ever had classes with at Uni. I don't need you to start throwing birds and blokes my way too."

"So what I gathered from that is that you aren't too picky..."

He narrowed his eyes at her for a second before letting out a breath.

"Fine. At least you're asking for my preferences. They kind of just shove people my way and hope for the best."

"You won't regret this, Potter." She grinned at him happily but it was also a lot calmer than before as though a weight had been lifted from her shoulders. The look should have made him uneasy, but he simply sighed.

What's the worse that could happen?

In Pansy's defence the first 4 (read 5) dates weren't the worst that could happen...

Just very close to it.

The first date was too busy begging for autographs. He did have a great smile, at least

"Is your father really James Potter? The famous soccer star? How does it feel to have a famous dad? I bet it's great. I've been to almost all of his games. Do you play soccer?"

"Yeah, a bit."

"Are you as good as him?"

"Not really, I-"

"That's too bad. I bet he isn't upset about it though. He seems like a great dad. Especially on the field, being that he runs the team so well and all."

Harry left before dinner had even started. He decided to meet the next one for lunch.

The second date tried to tell him his fortune by guessing his birthday. Only problem was they guessed wrong 42 times.

And whoever said third-time-is-the-charmed lied.

His third date was a nudist-environmentalist-philanthropist yoga instructor who only ate organic products and made his own soap, but none of that was a problem. Harry's biggest problem was how controlling the guy was. Before Harry had even taken a bite of his burger and chips his date asked for an organic replacement.

Needless to say Harry was out of the door before the waiter had returned.

He swore to never mention number 4 to anyone ever. That girl was a complete maniac. If he could have he would have forgotten that entire experience.

Date number five was going great until the man assured Harry that nothing was wrong with him he just needed someone who was willing to wait for his wife to finally decide to leave him. They'd been together for 5 years, but he was sure it was only a matter of time.

The next morning Harry found himself angrily sitting on a stool at the café where his friend Luna worked when Pansy came rushing in. She hopped on the seat next to him and gave him an angry look as if he'd done something wrong to her.