My ex and me

Unknown person

I smiled to myself as I watched the door of the police station.  I couldn’t believe the police had followed the lead I gave them.  I had tipped the police where Bree and her friends where and how I had seen them at the crime scene of Zac.  Now they where stuck in jail for a night. I had more time now to get my job done.

I gave one last look at the station, tomorrow I would deal with them, and right now I had to get to the Old Farm.

Nate’s POV

I woke up after the worst night of my life.  After all my years of being a good boy I actually ended up spending a night in prison.  I rubbed my eyes and sat up.  Marcus was sitting in the corner, his back against the wall, he was in deep thought. 

“Morning,” I said to him. 

He looked up and just nodded. 

“How long you up for?” I asked. 

His eyes shifted back to me, they had a look of fear hidden by the tiredness evidence in his eyes. 

“Didn’t sleep,” he shrugged. 

I nodded and looked to the other bed and saw Peirce laying on him back staring up at the ceiling. 

He rolled over and stared straight at me. 

“Where are the girls?” he asked, as if I was to blame for this whole thing. 

I started to shake my head, “I don’t know,” I began.  Before I could finish my sentence he dived at me attempting to take me out.  His fist made contact with my face, sending my head flying back.  I swore at him before delivering a hard punch to his stomach.  He bent over for a split second before bringing his knee up to my stomach.  I was able to dodge a punch he sent to my chin.

Marcus who was watching from behind, strung into action, he grabbed Peirce from behind and slammed him to the floor.  I quickly recovered and helped him pin Peirce to the cold prison concrete floor.

“What was that for?” Marcus yelled at him.

Peirce didn’t answer he just turned his head and looked at me, shooting daggers at both of us. 

I somehow felt a little bit of compassion towards him, he had came from his country and found himself involved with what he thought were criminals.  His fiancé Sky was also now locked in prison. 

I let go of him and slumped against the wall resting my pounding head.  I knew I was going to have a few bruises on my face. 

Marcus slowly got off Peirce as well and we all sat in silence for a while. 

“We will tell the police that you where not at the crime scene and that you only just came into the country last night. They will let you go so you can go back home.” Marcus explained to Peirce softly. 

“What about Sky?” Peirce asked.

“She will obviously have to stay either in the country or in jail, depends if we can get the truth across to the police,” Marcus said.

 “I can’t leave without her,” Peirce said.

I watched as Marcus face dropped, I knew he had feelings for her.  But I also knew that Peirce did not love her like he said he did.

“You might just have to,” I said cutting in on their conversation, I wanted to see what Pierce would do for

Pierce nodded, “Well I want to go home, so I guess when all this is done Sky can find her way to Paris.”

My eyes widened, he wasn’t even planning on helping her or anything.  I shook my head, what an idiot. 

Marcus however was trying to hide the grin off his face. 

Suddenly the cell doors opened and in walked 4 guards.  We let then cuff us and escort us out the room. 

I swallowed; it was time for the questioning.  I noticed how separate they kept us.  We were each shown into different rooms. 

I was pushed into the first room; it was a plan room with one large tinted window on the one side.  I knew people where looking in on me. 

I was pushed onto the seat in front of the table. 

I sighed as an investigator walked in and sat in front of me.  It was time to tell the story and hope that they believed the truth.  I know that we had to tell the whole truth. 

Sky’s POV

I had just come out of the questioning room, I was shaking like anything.  I had told the police the whole truth, I knew it was the only way they would let us free was if we all told the truth.  The officer that was taking me back to my cell pushed me roughly forward.  I tried hard not to yell at him. 

He unlocked the jail cell I had slept in last night and tossed me in.  He didn’t even flinch as is stumbled to the floor. 

I was alone in the cell; I looked around me and wondered if we were ever going to get out.  Suddenly I heard footsteps come closer down the hallway towards my cell.  I turned and saw Peirce he had been escorted in by a police officer.  I walked up to the bars.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

He smiled, “Well because of all your confessions they realized that I had no part in what ever you guys are involved with so I am a lot to go.”

My eyes widened, that was good news.  This means he could get a hotel and stay until I came out and visit me every day.  I knew Peirce could get me out of here, he even could bail me out with all the money he had, in my heart I was sure he would do anything for me. 

I smiled sweetly at him, “You have a plan to get me out too don’t you?”

My hopes came crashing down when I saw him shake his head.

“Babe listen, I’m going back to Paris tomorrow night,” he began to explain.

“What about me?” I asked.

“I promise I will send you on the next flight back to Paris when you get out of here.” He tried to make it sound sweet. 

I felt my heart break; I knew Peirce was being selfish. 

Silently I slipped the engagement ring off my finger; I placed it in his hand.  He looked up at me with confusion.

“Peirce, take this with you.  We need a break, if you find we cant live without each other we will meet up when all this is done,” I explained softly.  I put my head through the bars and gave him a kiss on the check. 

He looked at me with astonish, then slowly he walked away. 

I went to the corner of the cell and cried.  I didn’t know what else to do, but one thing did come clear to me I was glad to give back the ring, my feelings for him had changed in the passed few days I had to wonder if I was still in love with him or not. 

I was so deep in thought I didn’t hear the cell door open and Brittany enter.  It wasn’t until she came and knelt down besides me that saw her.  She gathered me in her arms and stroked my back. 

“Peirce?” Was as she asked and I nodded.

Sorry for the long wait... this is not one of my best chapters, and im sorry about that.  i just had to get another chapter out before one of my fans got more annoyed at me, not meantioning any names (jono) ;) haha anyway will be better next time. feel free to comment and vote ;)