My ex and me

Mum just looked at everyone at the table carefully, making sure she could trust them. She stopped at Nate.

"What are you doing here?!!" she exclaimed.

Nate shifted nervously in his seat.

Everyone was glaring at him, I felt my heart go out to my ex.

"It's ok mum, I think we can trust him." my words came out more as a question.

Nate nodded slowly.

Brittany glared at him, "If you step out of line once I'll punch you so hard!"

Sky nodded in agreement, my eyes widened, poor Nate he had got on the bad side of Sky! I knew Sky didn't like to hurt people but when it came to it she became very scary.

My phone rang and everyone turned to look at me.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Bree! I was worried sick! Why haven't you been checking your phone! Why haven't you rang me! What's going on?" I heard Zac yell into the phone.

"Zac, hey um I'm sort of busy..." I stutted.

"What you with that jerk face, Marcus. He is a player Bree, stay away!"

"Zac! I can take care of myself! And he is my friend! Why are you being like this?" I said getting angry.

Zac sighed, "I'm coming over!"

"No Zac you can't..." before I could finish my sentence he had already hung up.

I saw Sky give me a knowing look.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"He is coming here right?" Sky asked. I nodded not understanding why she was giving me a weird look.

"Alright," mum said cutting out conversation, "We have more things to worry about!"

"Ya like who would break in and steal the briefcase!" Marcus said.

"A briefcase," Nate sighed, " is this what it's all about?"

Mum nodded, "It's whats in the briefcase."

Nate nodded waiting for my mum to explain but she didn't.

"Ok I don't want to bring you kids into this so here's the plan. I want all of you to stay here and sleep here, this will be the base. I'm gonna get my team onto it. I will ring here if I find anything or need anything."

I sighed I should of known mum wasn't gonna let me help.

"By team, you mean you work for the police?" Nate asked.

Mum nodded. In truth she worked for a undercover agency that no one knows about.

"Mum, you have to let me help!" I exclaimed.

Mum shook her head, "Sky, Brittany, make sure she doesn't do anything stupid."

With that mum stood up and have me a kiss. She then left.