My ex and me

Nates POV

I found myself stare at Bree. How could I be so stupid!

I still can't believe today why I left her. That summer stays in my memory forever.

I shook my head as I remembered the day I left. I was the day I realized I was in love, I all of a sudden felt like I had to run. I never wanted to fall in love, I remember my father had told me love was bad, it held you down and then it broke you. He never loved again after mum cheated on him. I realized how silly I was I had run from the one I loved.

I saw Bree staring at Zac and Marcus I could almost see her brain turning as the expression I knew so well crossed her face. She was confused. I wondered why. Did she like Zac or Marcus? Or both?

I watched as she frowned.

She seemed so much stronger than I remember. She also was very closed, I realized it was me that did that to her. Her father had died the day I left. I couldn't believe I wasn't there to hold her as she cried, I was so selfish! I wondered if she had ever had another boyfriend after I left, she was very pretty, but I highly doubted since she seemed so closed up not wanting anyone to know her feelings.

I thought to that summer, she would of cried if this had happened then but here she was keeping a straight face not letting anyone read it, but I could.

"So what are we going to do?" Brittany asked.

"Stay here obviously. We can maybe set up the lounge and all sleep in there because that is safer and it's near the phone," Sky said she I realized was a smart one.

Marcus stood up and took charge.

"Alright everyone go get sleeping bags, pillows, food, drink and anything else for the night. I don't think it's safe to be seperated either, we should stay in one room."

He said as he walked out.

We all went to find the things we needed.

I headed for the kitchen. Bree was there sorting out food.

"Can I help?" I asked, she nodded.

I had so many things I wanted to say to her, but I didn't know how. All I could do at the moment was watch her as she carefully organized food.

I wondered what this was all about. I found out her mother works for some secret agency, and someone stole a briefcase. But why was it so important?

"Nate! Where you listening to me?" Bree asked cutting my thoughts.

"Oh sorry, what was that?" I asked turning to face her.

She was much shorter than me, and she looked up at me with her blue eyes. We locked eyes and I felt myself drawn to her.

"Oi!" We both turned as Marcus walked in shouting at us.

"Nate keep your hands off!" he exclaimed.

I frowned I didn't touch her! Confused I went back to packing food.

I saw Bree expression, I knew that look, she was mad at herself.

I felt a stab of pain to my heart, she was trying to block me out of her life. I didnt blame her I had been horrible but I could help but feel hurt.

"I was trying to say before was, you don't have to be here you can leave, it could be dangerous,"

Bree said quietly.

"No B, I want to be here, I want to be here to protect you!" I quickly realized what I said. Oh no!

I saw here face get angry and sad and saw pain flash though her eyes.

"I don't need you! I have done just fine without you!" she shouted.

She turned and stormed out the room. It was only then that I realized everyone was watching and staring at me.