My ex and me

I screamed as I felt myself being picked up and thrown into the ice cold water.

I quickly pushed myself up and broke to the surface. Laughter cut through the air.

"Zac! How could you! I just got dry!" I pouted. Zac, one of my best friends continued to laugh.

I turned to him and chased him up the beach. Finally when we were both puffed we fell onto the sand.

Yes summer, the time where you let go of all the worries of the year. The time I spent with my friends soaking up all the sun at the beach.

"Bree!" A shout came interrupting my thoughts.

I looked up to see my other best friend Brittany standing over me.

She laughed.

"You seriously need to cut out on the day dreaming love. It looks like your dreaming about a certain somebody," she smirked.

"Really Brit, your more obsessed with him than me!" I laughed at the thought. Yes I had a major crush on my long time friend Marcus. He use to live next door to me when we grew up but then we both moved to different towns. He lives three hours away and always visits me in summer. I was so excited to see him next week!

Brit laughed again catching me out of my day dream.

"I can't believe we're almost finished school. After these holidays we go back for our last year!"

I looked at her and smiled sadly, "Ya then your moving!"

Brit frowned, "We have got to make the most of the year, don't think about it."

Zac sat up quickly, I almost forgot he was beside me.

"Really is that dick head coming next week?" he asked.

"Zac! Don't be mean he's my friend!"

"Bree, he is a player! I don't trust him!" Zac said crossly.

"Fine, believe what you want. He is no good. I'm going to Brads house anyway now so see you girls later!" Zac got up and threw a T-shirt over his fine tanned abbs.

Zac walked off the beach and to his car.

"Wow," said Brit, "what's up his bum?"

I laughed and shrugged.

We went back to sun baking and forgot about it all.

I could hardly contain my excitement as I walked home from work. I had a summer part time job at the cornerstore near my house. Today was the day Marcus was coming! He had rung me that morning to tell me he was taking a friend. I said it was fine. Mum said they can have the spare room.

I skipped home knowing Brit would want me to go pick her up soon since I had just got my license and she had not. She wanted to sleep over tonight to see Marcus.

I got home to see a car in the drive was, my heart pounded. Marcus was here!

I swung open te front door and waltzed inside. Then I froze... No this could not be happening.

Marcus stood leaning up against the kitchen sink, next to him on the bar stool was a face I did not want to see, Nate. Otherwise known as my ex!