My ex and me

Bree's POV

I woke up to someone gently stroking my hair. They were humming softly and I could tell it was a guy from the lowness of his voice. Tingles went down my spine as his fingers went across my jaw line. My eyes opened. There sat Nate smiling down at me. I smiled back, was this a dream? Was I back in the summer with him? I frowned as I realized it wasn't a dream, he had hurt me and left me to lick the wounds. I suddenly felt sick that he was touching me but yet my heart flipped with his touch. With mixed emotions I made a quick decision to go with my head. I jumped up out of his grip. Sending him my best disgusted look I could.

I stood to my feet, pain ripped through my shoulder. I screamed. Holding my shoulder I looked around I was in a cave. I turned to Nate. He had a look of hurt on his face. I chose to ingnore it although my heart was telling me otherwise. I tried remembering things why I was here?

Then it hit me, a bomb, my house, Zac's phone, my mum on the phone yelling, my savior.

"Where is everyone else?" I voiced my greatest fear.

"Marcus and the Sky went looking for fire wood and Brittany is taking care of Zac,"

Nate answered standing up beside me.

I went to take a step away but my feet wobbled, I almost fell. Nate grabbed me and sat me down.

"You have to take it easy!" he said sternly.

I looked at him. His face was covered in black, his hair was no longer brown but black, his cloths were ripped and burned he had scars and blood marking his face. A deep cut down his arm that needed stichers and his eyes were full of fear, worry and hardness.

I wondered if I looked something like that.

"Your shoulder is dislocated I think Marcus may have put it back in place and if you see how I look you look ten times worse." Nate said almost reading my mind.

I giggled, "You really know how to make a girl feel good about herself."

Nate shook his head, "B, I'm so sorry that wasn't what I mean..."

He stopped half way and realized I was being sarcastic.

He laughed and grabbed my hand, "Why my lady you look stunning!"

He said playing along with my joke, causing me to laugh.

We stopped laughing and I looked at Nate seriously.

"My house it's gone isn't it?" I asked.

Nate looked afraid to answer and I knew I was right.

I let a tear escape and quickly wiped it away, my memories and my things, all gone.

I quickly got rid of that thought and focused on my mum. Something was really wrong. This was not just about a briefcase being stolen. This was like war.