My ex and me

So this chapter is dedicated to my brother since he thinks i take forever to upload and he almost gave up on me... lol :) 

Bree’s POV

Right, left, right, left and trip.  That was how my feet went for the next two hours I couldn’t even think straight enough to put all my thoughts together. I was exhausted and my mind was so muddled I could not think.  Fear and anger where strong emotions that kept coming into play.  Yet every time I stole a glance at Nate I felt a sense of calmness.  He seemed to know I was looking at him for every time I did so he would be looking down but a smile would appear on his face and he would look up and wink.

I knew we were getting closer to town, it was dark but you could still hear the occasional car going passed on the road.  Marcus stopped just outside of town; he made sure we were still out of sight in the forest.

It was weird to think that while we were fighting for our lives and running from people wanting to shoot us, the rest of the town, in fact the rest of the world was still going on with there lives. 

“Ok, here is the plan.  We have to go into hiding or the rest of the night.  So someone’s house is the best option. I think we should go to Sky’s,” Marcus explained.  We all looked at Sky.

“I really don’t think my house is a good idea!” She quickly said.

I smiled it was so obvious Sky was hiding something. 

I listened as she rambled on about why her house was a bad idea.

“My parents are out of town and they would hate it if I had boys stay over,” she started.

I knew that was true but I could tell she was hiding something else.

Marcus cut her off, “We have to go to your house, and lets go.”

“Seriously Marcus didn’t you hear what I was saying!” Sky exclaimed.

“Ah! Women! This is a matter of life and death; I don’t care what your parents think! We could die here and we need to stay at your house!” Marcus argued.

“No we can’t! Why not Brittany’s house?”  Sky stubbornly shouted.

I thought Marcus was going to have another go at Sky but instead he smirked and leant over to whisper something in her ear.  The only words I could pick up where 'stroking my abs'.  I looked over at Sky her face went red and she turned away from Marcus.

“Fine lets go,” she said with a defeated tone.  I looked at her and raised my eyebrow, but she pretended not to notice me and started walking in the direction of her house.

Everyone was silent as we walked to Sky’s.  We all wanted to have a safe sleep.  It was getting cold and I started to shiver, in an instant I felt warm again as Nate placed his jacket over my shoulders and put his arm around my waist.  My mind went into over drive; it felt so right to be in his arms, yet I knew I should not encourage him.  I had no energy to free myself. 

We arrived at Sky’s house, the first thing I noticed was that Zac and Brittany where holding hands.   I felt my heart leap with excitement they were so cute together.  Nate let go of me and headed to the front door, Sky was busy finding the hidden key under the doormat.  I could feel my eyes closing, I needed sleep.

“Lets go inside,” Marcus whispered as Sky opened the door.

We all headed in silently.  The boys found a place to sleep in the spare room while us girls headed to Sky’s room. 

“So you and Zac!” Sky squealed as she shut the door, looking at Brittany.  Brittany just blushed.

“We didn’t talk, he just held my hand. Far out Sky its not that big of a deal,” Brittany said shrugging it off, we all knew she was lying. Inside Brittany was properly doing a little happy dance. 

I just smiled as my two best friends hugged.  I turned around to look for a blanket.  That was when I saw it, the real reason for Sky not wanting us to come over.  It was hard to see cause it was hidden under some books but I saw it clear.  My head started to spin, how could she not tell me?