My ex and me

Nate's POV

Run! That was the first thing I thought as the shadow figure went to lift his gun up.  I had to get away this person had sensed I was there.  Without thinking more about it I turned on my heal and ran towards the beach. 

I had been getting some fire wood in the forest before I had heard voices.  I hide behind a bush and stayed quiet.  I saw two shadows of people pass and they were talking in low voices I had managed to catch a peice of there convisation.

"We need to get the girl she knows too much and she is our key to getting the money.  She is short with brown blonde hair.  I dont think we managed to get her when the house blew up" One said.  I let out a small grasp. They were talking about Bree! This was very serious.

The sound I made had caught the second guys attention and he had turned and started to raise his gun.  I Ran, staying down low. 

The beach came into view. I yelled before I saw them.

"Run! Run!"

Sky, Zac, Marcus and Brittany looked at me confused.  Bree understood straight away.  She ran, the other four followed her quiekly we ran along the beach.  I looked behind me to see the two guys running out of the forest.  We needed an escape.  Marcus seemed to be thinking the same, he started heading over to the dunes, we all knew there was a road there somewhere.  I looked behind me again and saw Zac was lagging behind, his wounds where slowing him down, i turned around and in one movement I lifted him over my shoulder.  He was a skinny guy and I could easierly carry him, it was a life or death situation. 

We finally hit the road panting, and I managed to slide Zac off my shoulder.  I caught Bree's eyes on me. 

"You saved him Nate," she said softly trying to regain her breathing.  I just nodded and looked up and down the road, it was vacant.  No cars, just dunes and trees.  We needed a way out.  Marcus was thinking way ahead of everyone, he started jogging up the road, the road that led us straight back to town.

"We need to loose them, we need to find a crowd and hide."

I was almost certain the men would of had a car, but Marcus had already thought of that.  He ran into the trees so we were hiden from the road but contined going along the direction the road was heading. 

We jogged for a little big until we were all exhausted.  In silence we sat and rested.  No one had anything to say, we were all thinking the same, we were so lucky to be alive. 

Marcus stood after a few minutes and signaled for us to continue walking. We did so hungry and tired not sure when when we would get to town and not sure what we would do when we did.