Chapter Twenty One: Hopeless

*Felix's POV*

"He said it was his fault."

Jack sounded as if he were standing at the end of a tunnel, and his words hit me like the headlights of a semi-truck.  The world around me blurred, and all I could hear was my heavy breaths, and the pounding of my heart in my ears. I felt like someone had punched me right in the gut, and wrapped their cold hand around my heart, squeezing until I couldn't stand living. I couldn't bare the thought of him hurting. I couldn't let him blame himself. 

I could feel my eyes welt up, a single tear escaping. My breath stopped, and everything around came back into focus. Jack's face was masked with concern, and he reached out to me. Suddenly, I turned on my heels, and ran up to the parking lot. I didn't know why I was running, nor did I know what my goal was. However, I knew who I was running to. And he goes by Cry. 

*Cry's POV*

"Hmmm," I mumbled, shifting in my seat. "Ow."

I sat up, rubbing my groggy eyes with one hand, and my kinked neck with the other. I stretched the best I could in Felix's compact sports car, and yawned loudly. My stomach twisted, noticing that the space beside me was empty. Something inside me wished I would have woken up in Felix's arms, but that was just a fantasy. I laughed to myself. I never thought I'd have fantasies like that. 

Biting my lip, I rummaged around the car for my phone. It lay on the ground at my feet, the screen black. I picked it up, but the battery had died, leaving a useless piece of technology in my hands. A sigh escaped my lips, and I looked out the front windshield, resting my chin on the passenger seat. The sun lit up the pale blue sky, casting a magnificent glow across the elusive water. 

"Beautiful blue," I whispered, a smile creeping over my lips. The sea reminded me of his eyes. "God, Cry, you're a hopeless fool."

I laughed to myself, and opened up the car door. The door was stopped halfway, heavy breaths drawing my attention up into those ever familiar eyes. 

"Morning," I chuckled. "Why are you out of breath?"

"I love you!" Felix declared, between gasps for air. 

My mouth slumped open, eyes wide, staring up at Felix in awe. What? What is he saying? He pulled the door open the rest of the way, and knelt down in front of me, his hands on my lap. My eyes followed him, but my mouth remained ajar. I was in complete awe. Shocked. Mesmerized. Happy. 

"I love you, Cry. I am here because I want to be. Because I want to be here, with you. I am tragically, hopelessly, endlessly in love with you. I never thought I would be capable of loving someone this much. But I realize it now. I'm just a hopeless romantic, who's finally found someone to love."

I swallowed, gazing, unblinking, into his beautiful eyes, tears falling silently down his cheeks. I reached out, my hand shaking, and brushed the tears away. Felix's eyes fluttered from my touch. His cheek was so soft. His skin so pale, and perfectly flawed. He was absolutely perfect in my eyes. 

*Felix's POV* 

I love him. I had no idea those would be the first words to leave my lips, but they were the only words I could find. The only words that could make his pain go away. The only words I felt were completely honest. I loved him more than the world. He was too good for this world. He was damaged. He was broken. But he was so... perfectly flawed. The scars on his wrists meant he was real. He was here. He was my world. 

He stared at me in shock. My words were a shock to both of us. He swallowed, and parted his lips, his harmonizing voice an angel's kiss against my ears. 

"I love you, too." 

His voice was small, the shock in his eyes unfading. He was afraid, but the pounding of my heart told me I was afraid too. We weren't used to trusting others. To accepting others. To loving others. But he wasn't just another person. He was Cry. And I was hopelessly in love with him.

*Jack's POV* 

"Do you think we can be together, without people hating us?" I asked, watching a seagull fly overhead.

"People will always hate others. Accepting something, and hating something are different. People will not hate us, but they will not completely accept us. Fuck those people."

I smiled, and turned around, both of us losing our balance. We fell back onto the sand, Mark's back pinned to the sand, and me crouched over him. He smiled brightly, and cupped his hand on the back of my neck, pulling me down to him. Our lips grazed for a second, the touch sending my heart racing. I pulled back, afraid he could hear my rapid heartbeat. Mark chuckled, and sat up, placing his hands on the small of my back. I swallowed, and wrapped my legs around his waist, staring deep into his dark, warm eyes. 

"I love you," I whispered. 

"I know." 

I smiled, and leaned forward, pressing my lips gently against his.