Chapter Twelve: Don't Smile Like That

**Three days earlier** Cry's POV...

"And where did you wander off to?" Jesse asked, as I sat back at our lunch table.

"No where," I whispered, winking across at Minx, who must've arrived when I was gone. 

"You're a bad liar, Cry," Minx grinned, her high, British chirp making me smile. 

Before Sean arrived, Minx was the new foreigner. She fit perfectly into our little group; she was a gamer, had great taste in music, and shared the same idiotic humor as Jesse, and I. Jesse shifted his glasses, and smiled brightly at me, his round cheeks scrunching his brown eyes. Minx chuckled, brushing her chocolate brown, long, straight hair over her shoulder. Jesse reached over, brushing his fingers over one of her faded, purple highlights. Minx rolled her large brown eyes, and smacked Jesse's hand away.

"Fuck off, Cox," she groaned, bringing her Pepsi can to her lips. 

"Wanna go to the salon? I need a trim anyways," Jesse asked Minx, ruffling his overgrown red-brown straight, disheveled hair.

Minx sighed, "Fine, Cox. But if you get handsy again, I will chop off your-"

"Hey," a quiet, raspy voice drew all our attention in. 

I inhaled sharply, meeting Felix's blue eyes. He bit his bottom lip, his hand ruffling his golden, silky hair. "Hey," I whispered. 

"Hello, Mr. Senior boy," Minx cooed, winking flirtatiously at him. 

"Minx!" I snapped. 

She laughed aloud, her light, chirpy laugh making Felix smile. 

"A rare sight, indeed," Jesse whispered, taking a drink of Minx's soda. 

She smacked him upside the head, "That's mine!"

"Can I sit here?" Felix whispered, staring down at me. 

"Um..."

"Of course, senior boy," Minx giggled.

Felix hesitated, looking back at me for approval. I nodded, motioning for him to sit. My body tensed, as he sat down beside me. He could've sat alone, or beside Minx or Jesse, but he chose here. Right next to me. Why is my heart racing?

**Current day** Cry's POV...

"You said you would take me," Minx whined to Jesse over the phone. 

I sat on my old, grey sofa, watching another episode of One Piece. Minx sat on the floor in front of me, arguing with Jesse over the phone. I patted the top of her head, and let out a small yawn. Footsteps round the corner, stopping behind me. Felix leaned over the couch, smiling down at me. 

"Want some coffee?" he whispered, not wanting to disrupt Minx.

"I don't like coffee."

"Then why do you have a coffee maker?" he questioned, furrowing his brow.

"Because my mom likes coffee," I mumbled, looking back at the TV. 

"Would you mind if I made myself some coffee?"

"Go ahead."

"I can make you something else. Want some tea, or something?"

"I'm fine, Felix."

"I'll just have Cry take me!" Minx snapped, and hung up on Jesse. 

"I'm tired, Minx," I sniffled. 

"I don't care. We're going!" she yelled, pulling me off the couch. 

I moaned, and stumbled towards my bedroom. "Fine, let me get my shoes."