Chapter Ten: Emotions

**Cryaotic's POV**

My fingers drummed against the side of my black water canteen, eyes staring across the lunch area towards the main group of seniors. Felix's group. His blue eyes glistened with anger as Marzia seemed to defend the Irish kid. Interesting. To my surprise, Tyler, Marzia's stepbrother, stepped in. No one dared to fight the stone faced kid, not even Felix. It impressed me that someone who wasn't straight, could be the most intimidating kid in school.

"Cry, what's on?" Jesse whispered, as he sat down beside me.

I smirked, raising my brow in the direction of the dispersing group. "Just missed it. Felix was teasing the new kid, and the nerds, but Marzia butted in-"

"Interesting?"

"I know! Anyway, then Tyler came out of no where to defend her. Sadly, no punches were thrown today," I sighed, making Cox chuckle.

"Where's your mask?" Jesse asked, pulling my hood down.

I quickly pulled my hood back on, the immediate feeling of eyes on me, making me shudder. "I left it in my locker," I whispered, my pale cheeks heating up.

"Did someone compliment you, today?"

"Shut up," I hissed, looking through the hallway windows, catching a glimpse of Felix, before he wounded around a corner, his arm looped around Marzia's small waist.

Jesse made a hmm sound, drawing my eyes back on him. He had been looking through the windows, as well, and looked back at me with large, bright brown eyes.

"I see," he said, simply.

"Oh, shut up," I blushed, burying my face in my arms, which were crossed on the table.

**Mark's POV**

Jack nervously chewed at the tips of his fingers, eyes staring straight ahead at nothing. I looked at Tyler, searching for answers in his emotionless eyes. Eyes I had always been able to read. He stared at me for a moment, unblinking, then kissed the top of Ethan's bright blue hair. I let out a shaky breath, and wrapped my hand around Jack's wrist. He froze beneath my touch, a quiet gasp escaping his pink lips. His brilliant blue eyes widened, his chest raising and falling, as his breaths grew heavy. Everyone at the table seized their chatter, and I could feel their eyes on us, but I didn't look away from Jack, who continued to stare blankly ahead.

"Jack, what's wrong?" I whispered, giving his wrist a sincere squeeze.

Jack bit his bottom lip, then looked at me, his blue eyes swirling with emotions I couldn't read. For a moment, he looked sad, but his face suddenly brightened up. He smiled, a slight blush warming his pale cheeks. His eyes fluttered, and he looked away. I furrowed my brow, in confusion, but couldn't help smile at his adorable smile.

"What is it?" I chuckled.

"Nothing, it's stupid."

"Jack, tell me," I insisted.

"It's just... nevermind."

"Jack!" I moaned, entangling his fingers with mine.

His blush depended, but he still shook his head, I pursed my lips, thinking of ways to get him to talk. I grinned, and cupped his face between my hands, moving close, so my face was only inches from his. Jack gasped in surprise, eyes wider than I have ever seen them.

"Mark!" he gasped, his voice small, and panicked.

I grinned, brushing my thumbs against the stubble beginning to grow around his jawline. When he moved here, his face was as smooth as a baby's, but he must've grown tired of shaving. I had to admit, he was growing more attractive each day.