06.

A few weeks had passed since that moment, things between Oliver and I had been so much better than before. He had kept his promise; he had let me stick to normal work hours. I had stayed late a couple of nights a week with him, because we would just be lost in conversation. We spoke about everything, of our families, our childhood.

Oliver still had both his parents, he grew up in an average home with 3 siblings, he's the youngest. His mom's name is Julia and his Dads name is Simon. He has two brothers named Luke and James and a sister named Evelyn. His Brother James is married to a woman named Kaitlin with two children of their own and Luke is a successful business man still single. Evelyn has recently emigrated to England to live in a small village. His mom and Dad still lived where Oliver grew up in the same home he lived a happy childhood.

He had the same childhood as any of us, most murderers have a rocky background, they show traits of being capable of something like this from a young age. Oliver was so out of the 'norm', he may have fallen in with the wrong group those years ago but he has a family who loves him.

'Chloe?" Ashton's voice sounded, breaking me out of my thoughts. I blinked a few times and looked at the notes I had been jotting down. I had written in big writing circled multiple times the word 'why?'

I looked up at Ashton was holding a cup out to me "I thought you needed a coffee break"

I smiled at him and took the cup, putting the pen down on the paper and held the cup with both hands. It was the first night I had managed to get to Ashton's and find the time to stay, I had been so busy trying to work Oliver out.

"I'm sorry" I smiled at Ashton "I shouldn't have brought this here with you"

He laughed and ran his hand down my hair "You're devoted to your work, it's a good thing. A good quality to have"

I smiled "I'm just so confused by him; he goes against everything I learnt in university. He's the total opposite of what you think you know. He has a good healthy background. His family were never in poverty... Sorry, I'm going into it again"

Ashton laughed and took the pen and paper off my lap "You need a break, do you wanna go watch a movie?"

I shook my head, as lovely as it sounded I had work early tomorrow. I was already feeling heavy eyed having been working so tirelessly the past few weeks "Can we go at the weekend? If I go, I might fall asleep during it"

He laughed and kissed my cheek "Of course we can"

I looked at my notepad laid on the coffee table, I needed to try and figure this all out. How could someone so 'normal' turn out to do something so destructive. I'd already asked Ashton what he knew of Oliver, he couldn't really give me many details. I knew that the group of people he used to hang around with were bad news. Heavy drug users, petty crime that sort of stuff.

My eyes were once again drawn to the circled 'Why'. I just couldn't figure it out, I had been taught the normal traits of a killer. It made my brain hurt just trying to figure it out, I didn't want to pressure Oliver into telling me anything just yet. We were only just starting to build bridges and I didn't want him to shut down once again.

"Go to bed, Chloe" Ashton sighed "You're clearly in need of some good rest" He took the now empty cup out of my hands and walked straight into the kitchen without saying a word to me. I frowned but stood and made my way up to his room, I changed out of my clothes and into some comfy pyjamas before heading to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I could hear Ashton on the phone downstairs, I went back to the bedroom and got into the bed. I thought Ashton would follow me up but he was still on the phone and I fell asleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow.