From the corner of my eye, I saw her take a few steps back. She let out a sigh then walked towards the bed. I followed her to the other side and sat down.

"You're such a pain in the ass." She said as she sat down beside me.

"I've never heard of that movie." I raised a brow. "What genre?"

"Horror." She rolled her eyes, yet I noticed the corner of her mouth pull up. She turned to me with her eyes squinted, clearly annoyed by my presence. I leaned back into the headboard and turned to the flat screen.

"We're watching The City of Angels." She said after a while. "It's Dominique and I's favorite movie."

"Nicolas Cage," I said looking at the young Nicolas Cage dressed in black as he looked at the sunset along with the rest of the Angels on the beach.

"Yep." She said then sunk, further into the sheets. She then grabbed a bag of candy from the bedside table. She offered me some, and I looked down to see that they were sour candy. I took the bag from her then held it up.

"You like this sour shit?" I raised a brow at the sour gummy worms. Gabriella scoffed and grabbed the bag from me.

"It's not even that sour...there's just a lot of sugar." She shrugged then took one out. I looked down at the purple and pink gummy worm in her hand. She raised it to my lips, and I could feel it brushing against my lips.

I looked at her to see her taking out another one with her other hand. She held it close to her lips as she pushed her other hand closer to my mouth. I rolled my eyes and finally opened my mouth. She dropped the gummy worm in my mouth and immediately squinted my eyes as I began to chew.

Gabriella must've noticed because when I looked at her, she laughed. She put another gummy worm in her mouth and chewed as if it was normal. I didn't like it, it was sour and made my tongue numb.

"First you like gum, and now it's sour worms." I pointed out. She nodded with a grin then continued to eat the candy.

We continued to watch the movie, and I remember watching this movie when I was younger with Alicia and mom. They loved the movie because it consisted of drama and romance. Henry and I found it boring and ended up falling asleep.

"Dominique said the door is locked," Gabriella said as she read off her phone. She turned to me with her eyebrow raised.

"Doesn't he have his card?" I asked then turned back to the television.

"There it is." She pointed, and I followed her arm to the table where my towel was.

"Oh well." I shrugged then continued to watch the movie. From the corner of my eye, I saw Gabriella shaking her head in amusement.

...

The air lingered with a unique fragrance. I let out a massive yawn and slowly opened my eyes. I was met by the sunlight burning through the glass window and onto the sheets.

I finally regained vision and noticed Gabriella in front of me. Her long brunette hair covered her face as she snored. I put a lock of hair behind her ear then ran my hand down her cheek. She stirred then groaned.

I buried my face in my pillow and watched as she started to wake up. Her eyes fluttered open which displayed her hazel brown eyes. Her eyes finally met mine and their widening. A flush crept up her face as she brought the sheets up to her chin.

"Morning." She mumbled, and I noticed how soft and delicate her voice sounded.

"Morning." I smiled.

"Did you enjoy the movie last night?" she raised her brow then let out a yawn.

"I can't even remember...I fell asleep." I shrugged in which she rolled her eyes at.