Prologue: Abduction

It was the last thing the class expected. Thea had heard the sound first, a soft whistle, before a bright white light.

There wasn't any time to panic.

It had been a normal day, the class was in English, reading. The teacher was out of the room, so Thea was surprised that nobody was being noisy, she was especially surprised that Harry was silent.

Which meant it was the perfect atmosphere for abduction.

Thea couldn't place where the whistling was coming from. It seemed to be coming from inside the walls, but also from the ceiling.

When she first heard it, she snapped her neck up, letting her eyes stray from the words on her page.

"What's that noise?" She whispered to her friend, Denise, whom was sitting next to her.

"I don't know." Came her reply.

Gradually, more of the students became aware of the sound as it got louder.

There was more and more murmuring between pairs of students.

"Something's wrong." Thea announced, standing up.

"Clearly," Dan replied, also standing, "but what?"

Other students began to stand up, and the whistling noise had become almost overpowering.

"We have to get out," Thea said, "get out! Run!"

She began to run for the door, when the room became suspended in a blinding white light.

Nobody could see or move. Nobody could tell where the door was anymore.

Strong hands grasped onto the students' shoulders. They started dragging and shoving, and all the students could do was stumble around blindly, trying to ward off their attackers.

Thea drove her elbow into the figure behind her, making him grunt. He smacked his fist into her temple, and she fell to her knees.

She couldn't tell if she was crying or not, the bright light had removed any hope of vision, and the pain in her temple blurred her thoughts.

She felt her attacker drag her to her feet, and she took the opportunity to fight back. She sensed the figure was now in front of her, so she threw her fist forward, trying to get in a punch anywhere she could.

She felt her knuckle come into contact with his nose, and he growled out in pain.

"You little $#&*%!" He snarled, and she felt his foot drive into her stomach, and she had the wind knocked out of her.

How could they even see?

Thea cried out in pain as he kicked her again, but in the side, bruising a rib.

She heard her friend Michelle screaming, before she was silenced.

"Let us go!" Thea hissed at whoever could hear. She could truly feel the tears streaming down her cheeks now.

A thick material was placed over her eyes, and she knew it was a blindfold. She was then pulled to her feet, and directed somewhere, being occasionally pushed.

"You better keep your mouth shut." Whispered a husky voice into her ear; the voice of her attacker.

She obliged, she was already in enough pain. 

She was shoved into an uncomfortable plastic chair, and she could feel a pair of legs on either side of her.

This must be some of her classmates.

The floor began to rumble and shake, like they were on some sort of aircraft.

Everything fell silent.

Nobody knew what to say.