Chapter 67

It has been a week since Morgan has moved in with josh.
I like to live alone because I have more space in my dorm,
but I miss her a lot.

I have to say that in the past month we haven't spent much time together in this room because I've been staying with Mason almost every week, and she was with Josh a lot too.
But it was nice to walk in the room and find her smiling and asking me about my day,

I guess I have to get used to not have her around.

I told her I will be visiting her new place next week.

Today is Saturday and Megan is coming to spend a week with Mason.

Her flight lands at 10am so Mason will pick me up at 9.

Now I am getting ready for the day; I will spend the morning with them and then I'll work in the afternoon.
We had a lot of work this week at the coffee shop.

I wear blue jeans, a white sueter and a nude coat, same color as my boots and my bag.

"Good morning beautiful" Mason comes in when I am about to leave

"Hey" I kiss him in the cheek "I was waiting for you"

He looks at his wristwatch "There was a lot of traffic today. I don't know why"

"We are still on time to go for breakfast"

We leave campus and go to the same cafeteria I went with my mom the day she left to Spain, close to the airport.

"You know what?" I ask Mason after I order a latte and some yogurt with berries

"What?" He takes a sip of his black coffee. He also ordered some pancakes.

"This is the first café I've ever been here in the US"

"Really?" He arches an eyebrow in surprise

"Yeah, I came with my mom after we settled up my dorm"

"She came with you?"

"Yes. I was a bit scared because I had never been in this country before, so I asked her to come with me and help me with my room.
Well, actually, I asked my dad to come, but she didn't let him"

"Is she really that bossy?"

"Yeah... You'll see when you meet her she is..." I stop when I realized what I've just said "I mean, I'm not saying that I want you to meet her... Which I do, like, if you want... in the future or.. " he cuts me off and laughs

"I do want to meet her. You met my sister and my grandma, why do you feel like I don't want to meet your family?" I breathe again

"I know it is just that I didn't want to pressure you"

He reaches out for my hand above the table and squeezes it
"Jess, I love you, okay? I want your life to be my life.
I'll meet your mom"

I smile and nod

"Maybe we don't become best friends but... I'll meet her" He makes a funny face and I break into laughter.

"If only she knew I was sleeping at your house instead of using the room I worked so hard to get" I try to imitate her voice

"Wouldn't she be madder at you sleeping with me than at the fact that you are not using your room?"

"Oh, definitely not! She is not that kind of mom.
She treats me like a woman, and as long as I am responsible with my actions, she is okay with what I do" I remember the conversation we had in this same place about my future life here and boys.