Chapter 9

I spend the rest of the day working on some class stuff and doing some research on the internet to find somewhere with good sales to buy a car.

I haven't spent a lot of time out of campus yet, but I want ot have my own car to be free to go whenever I want without depending on public transport.

If I lived in a big city, like New York or Chicago, then I will definitely use the subway, but here I feel like having my own car would be more convenient.

I also go to Administration where they give me a card to use the gym I have in my building.

I fall asleep after I watch a movie. Morgan hasn't arrived yet, but she seems to be happy to spend time with Josh, so I'm sure she is fine.

Next morning goes as usual and I go to the gym after lunch.

It is big and has a lot of space between the machines, which is something I love.

I start my work out on the treadmill and put my headphones on.

I'm sweating my life out when I hear someone behind me.

"Hey baby doll, I need to use this machine" I turn around to find a sweaty, big boy.

"Good for you, but I haven't finished yet" I say and he laughs.

"You already have a nice butt, you can go home" he has really short hair and his arms are so big they scare me.

"I know I do, but I'm not going anywhere" big boy, you can go fuck yourself.

"You like to play don't you?" He smirks. Okay I'm done. I stop the machine and turn to face him.

"Go and leave me alone" I say challenging.

"Excuse me?" He tenses

"You've heard me. I am not done using this machine. So you'd better leave and wait" he shakes his head and moves his hand to my arms. He holds me so tight to make me move that it hurts and before I think about it, I kick him between his legs.
The pain makes him blend from his waist.

"Bitch" he says breathless and leaves. I go back to the treadmill. I didn't want to hit him, but he was intimidating and physically hurting me.

"Wow, beautiful. That was impressive" Mason is on the machine next to mine

"Oh not you again..." I roll my eyes

"Okay, okay..." he raises both hands making a surrender gesture "I'll leave you alone I now know what you do to the guys that bother you" He is sweating and looks so good.
What is wrong with me?

"I don't hit people! He was hurting me" I say defending myself

"I know" He says to make me relax.

After a while he looks at me again "There's a party tonight, will you come?" His eyes are even greener thanks to the natural lighting that comes from the big windows in front of us.

"I don't think so"

"Why?"

"Last time a drunken boy spilt his drink all over my clothes, it was not an experience I'm looking forward to living again" I tease him.

"Oh, really? Something similar happened to me. A lost lonely girl crashed into me and ruined my t-shirt"

I laugh "Those parties are full of bad people, huh?"

"Oh yeah, definitely" he says "But seriously, why don't you come? It's going to be fun" I stop the machine, dying.

"Okay, I'll go..."

"Cool. Bye beautiful"

When I'm out of the gym, I need a minute to think about what has just happened.
Was Mason nice to me? Mason, the asshole of the party, the asshole on my dorm, was nice to me?
I must be wrong, I'm sure he was just joking and I didn't realize it.

Hemust be laughing about how he got me... And I accepted to go to the party, I'm so stupid.