Chapter 93

Today is just December 28th for everyone in the world, but for me today is the day when Mason arrives.

I wake up early to plan all the things I want to do these days.
He will only stay five days, since she leaves on January the second and I leave on January 4th.

I get ready for the day; I wear a white dress, tights and boots.
Here the weather is not as cold as in Minnesota.

When I am ready to go and Mason's flight is supposed to arrive in two hours, I head downstairs.

"Dad, do you mind if I go in your car to the airport?" I ask him. He is sitting at the kitchen having a coffee and reading the news.

"Sure, there are the keys" he points at the kitchen countertop.

"Thanks. Where is mom?"

"She is at the doctor"

"Again? Why?" It is the second time he says she is at the doctor since I came.

"Nothing important..." he says waving me off and setting his attention back in the newspaper he is holding.

I sit in front of him "No dad. What is wrong? Can you stop hiding things from me, please? Because when you hide things like this from someone, it immediately makes them feel worried" I sound frustrated, but that's because I feel frustrated... I hate this hiding everything bullshit they have been playing with lately.

"Honey" he looks up to look at my eyes "everything is fine. Trust me, we'll tell you all you need to know at the right time" he says slowly.

"And that is..." I make a gesture with my hand to emphasize my impatience.

"You'll know when that is"

"Oh, really..." I get up and grab his keys "I'm out of here dad, you are making me insane" I say heading to the front door and I hear him laughing.

"Jess, Jess, wait!" I turn around to find Lola in her pink pajamas "estaré lista en cinco minutos, esperame" (I'll be ready in five, wait for me)

"No sweetie, don't you worry, I'll go alone to pick Mason up, and then you'll see him when we come home"

"No, I want to go!" She runs to the stairs to get ready.

"Lola is not necessary, and it's really late, you'll him later" I try to convince her and she stops and turns around.

"¡Que tonta! Quieres un momento romántico a solas, no me había dado cuenta" (What a fool! You want a romantic moment alone with him, I didn't realize) "have fun Jess" she has a funny facial expression that makes
me laugh.

I roll my eyes at her and open the front door "Bye!"

Today is a bit colder than the past days, but I'm sure Mason will still find this weather 'warm' because he is used to live in much colder places.

I drive to the airport, which is a bit far from where I live, and it takes me around forty minutes to make it there.

When I arrive, Mason's flight is supposed to land in ten minutes.

After those ten minutes, and another twenty, I see him going through security.

He looks as good as usual, or even better.

He is wearing black ripped jeans, a black sueter and a denim jacket.
His blonde wavy hair falls a bit down his forehead, long enough for him to play with it, but not that long that covers his eyes, which shine green in the middle of all the people.