Chapter 47

•Mason's P.O.V•

Jess has been out for 4 days now, and my sister is coming today.

She was supposed to come next week, but she had to change her flight due to her holiday schedule.

I'm waiting for her at the airport; she is basically the only member of my family, apart from my grandma that I speak to, so I am pretty excited to see her.

It sounds dramatic and problematic that I only speak to two members of my family, and I know it has caused me a lot of problems throughout my life, but I got used to live this way, I don't need them, and I don't find this situation a struggle anymore.

"Mason!" Megan runs and hugs me as soon as she sees me.

"Hey!"

"How are you? You look great! Look at your hair!" She messes up my hair and looks at me from head to toe.

"Megan, stop..." I roll my eyes "Let's go"

She looks as great as always, her blonde hair shines and her blue eyes are bright and full of joy.

We are totally different, she is nice and sweet, and I'm.... well, the completely opposite.

"Wait, aren't you going to say anything? I got a hair cut!" She says excited. She is always excited about something.

I roll my eyes again "you look great"

We walk to my car and she doesn't stop talking until we arrive at my apartment.

"So where is Jessica?" She asks after leaving her bags in my room.

"Spain"

"What?! You said she would be here!"

"She would have been here if you hadn't change your flight"

"I had to!" She crosses her arms "I really wanted to meet her... when is she coming back?"

"In 3 days"

"Okay... Maybe I can talk to mom and tell her I'll stay two extra days"

"Don't tell her why" I warn her.

"Okay" She wants to talk about it, but that is not going to happen. I don't want to get Jess involved in my shitty ass family

They don't know about me, never bothered to ask how I was doing in school, if I had enough money to eat...

They don't need to know there is a wonderful woman who is bringing me so much happiness and sticking by my side for an unknown reason.

What Jess and I have is so something special that I don't want that people to ruin it or simply know about it.

I let Megan sleep in my bed and I do it on the couch.

James hasn't been here for weeks, but there is no way I'm sleeping in his bed. I don't know where he has gone, but I don't care, as long as he pays his part of the rent.

By night time I call Jess.

'Hey'

'Hi Mason, how are you?' I missed her voice.

'Good. My sister came today'

'Today? Wasn't she coming next week?'

'Yeah, but she had to came earlier. She said she would stay until you make it here, she wants to meet you'

'Great! I really want to meet her too' her voice reflects excitement.

'How are things going there?'

'Good! I'm hanging out with some friends now, and I'll go watch a movie with Lola later'

'Sounds good. I want to watch a movie with you too'

'We can do that when I'm back' her voice sounds sweet now.

'After some minutes I hang up so that she can go have fun with her friends.

I really need to take time to think and get my shit together before she comes back.

I fucked up so many times I don't know how she still wants to be with me... so I need to be good and make sure I don't mess up again or she will kick my ass out of her life.

I need her to feel like I deserve her, which I don't.

This is going to be hard work, but being with her is worth all the hard work in the world.