'I know he ment another ice sculpture, but why is he looking at me like that!?' My obvious shutter causes Undertaker to laugh once more into his sleeve, and I can't help but lightly slap his arm for being so mean.

"A well-spoken pronouncement from a true lover of art and beauty! As he says, if you want this statue, win the contest!" claims the older, pudgy man dressed in a black suit and top hat.

'Why does this man look like Santa Claus?' I give a small snort of laughter and slap a hand over my mouth to suppress it, luckily going unnoticed by the others.

"There's merit to your argument. The ring belongs to whomever is the winner of the contest, nice and simple."

"Really, Ciel?"

"Don't worry, inspector. I'll get the ring."

"But, it's stolen property! Not to mention the fact that it's our key evidence in serial kidnappings of young girl— Oh!" Aberline is quick to cover his mouth, but it was already too late.

"You've done it now, spilled those beans all over the floor. Can't pick 'em up now," I comment eliciting a laugh out of both me and Undertaker, while the others are unamused. An embarrassed blush coats the inspector's cheeks as he looks away, likely scolding himself for releasing that information.

"I see. That's why The Yard is so frantic to find it."

"The legend is true! Every person who has owned the ring has met a horrible end! It's a cursed stone, and you'd still try to win it?"

"Cursed, eh? Sounds like the perfect ring for me." The young earl brings his hand up towards his face to look at the blue stone on the ring wrapped around his thumb.

"Come to think of it, isn't that family ring you wear set with a pretty blue stone as well, lord?" Undertaker notes.

"Yes."

"Perhaps you should be careful. Diamonds are quite hard, but because they're hard, they're also brittle. If you go too far, you might be shattered as well," the reaper warns.

"I'm not concerned. My body, along with my family ring," the boy pauses to place a light kiss on the stone before continuing, "both have already been shattered and, then, reborn. I've been through too much to worry about that anymore." A light smirk can't resist tugging at Sebastian's lips from Ciel's choice of words as his master turns to him. "Win the contest. That's an order."

"Indeed, young master." Before we knew it, the contest was ready to begin. Sebastian, under the orders of his master, signed up as a contestant and was given a time limit for when his sculpture must be done. Knowing I had some time to kill before everything would start, I decide to ask the judges for a favor.

"Excuse me." The older gentleman, who looks like Santa, turns their attention to me, the others following suit. "While the contestants are busy making their pieces, would it be all right if I performed on stage? It may draw in a bigger crowd for you, and it would certainly entertain those who are waiting. I do have my own stage set up at the fair, but it's a bit far from here."

"I don't see why not, but what kind of performance exactly?" The bearded male arches a curious brow at me as I smile.

"I'm a singer."

"My, so the dove is really a song bird? How lovely." My eye twitched after hearing the Viscount's words as I send him an irritated glare.

'Where's my Undertaker shield when I need it? This man's really pushing his luck.' I brush him off and am given approval to perform, so I walk towards the stage. I gain some looks as my boots tap against the floor, and I stand center stage. I gently place Teddy on the floor before greeting everyone with a smile and announcing what was about to happen.