Kaneki Ending

The first part of this is the same for Haise's ending as well!

--> Okay, first off I know this is a Kaneki endind, but it has like 99% Haise in it and like 1% Kaneki in it. I just had to make things flow better like this. Sorry!

Thank you so much to those who have stayed with me and this book since the beginning, I appreciate you SO much for the love and support you've given me. This book has been with me for a year plus now and it all started with a dream I had.

It's bitter sweet to end this book but I just want to say thank you again <3

Also, thank you for 2K!!

-------------------------

Your eyes widen as you watch the blood drip from Konoha's quinque and Kaneki's mouth, dripping onto the floor beside Chiaki. Kaneki slides off her quinque and falls onto the ground in front of Chiaki, a pool of blood slowly forming around him as his kagune deactivates.

Konoha sighs in defeat as she drops her quinques to the ground, smiling as she turns to look at Akira behind her. Akira has her kagune wrapped around Konoha's waist. "I'm not surprised you managed to catch me Akira-san."

"I had a feeling this party was trouble the moment you brought it up," Akira states as she uses her quinque to knock Konoha unconscious. Konoha's body falls onto the floor in between her quenches and Akira cuffs her hands behind her back.

Haise runs over to check on Izuki and thankfully he isn't harmed from the impact. "Izuki, go and check on Chiaki, I got your mom." Izuki nods and runs over towards Chiaki while Haise runs towards you.

"(F/N), are you hurt?" Haise asked as he slips his hand underneath you to pick you up. You place a hand on your stomach, looking up at him weakly, "My stomach hurts a bit, I could've accidentally hit it on the floor."

Haise's brows furrowed in worry and just as he was about to call the hospital, you stopped him. "Bring me to Kaneki. Please, Haise."

Haise glances at Kaneki and when he sees the state he's in, he doesn't waste time to bring you over towards him. Gently placing you down on the floor beside Kaneki, you hoped for the best but sigh in relief when you see his wound beginning to heal.

"You scared me Kaneki, don't do that again." You say and he looks up at you from the floor with a smile. "I'm sorry," Kaneki says as he winces, trying to sit up. You lean forward to help him sit up and he thanks you.

All of a sudden your head begins pounding and you start feeling dizzy, Kaneki notices the sudden change in your face and he calls out to you but you don't answer. "(F/N)? (F/N)?" Closing your eyes, you fall onto your side and the last words you hear before you pass out are Kaneki shouting your name.

-

Gasping awake, you look around and notice the hospital monitor beeping gently as you look around to see that it was already night. Chiaki and Izuki are asleep on the couch together with a blanket while Haise was on the chair by your side, dozing off a little.

Looking down, you notice that your stomach wasn't as big as it previously was. Panicking, you throw the blankets off your legs and you pull your shirt up to feel around your stomach, but your baby was gone.

Haise woke up from all the frantic movements and when he raised his head, he sees you crying in your hands. "(F/N), what's the matter?"

"Where's the baby?" You ask, pulling your hands away from your face. Tears were streaming down and Haise couldn't help but look away. "You...You had a miscarriage."

"What?" Your brows crunched up in sadness as Haise finally met your eyes, "You must've hit your stomach too hard from the impact and the baby didn't make it. That's why you passed out, I'm sorry (F/N)."

Your lips quivered as you shook your head, "I'm sorry for not being able to keep your child alive Haise."

It was quiet for a moment, the two of you taking in the reality of losing a child and it hurt. It really did. You wiped your tears away before looking over at Haise, "Where Kaneki?" His eyes met yours and he slowly averted them, "He went home."

"Oh," You turned your head to look back at your feet, slightly disappointed with his answer. Haise grabbed your hands firmly and looked over at you, "You can hate me forever for saying this but I need to get it out."

"Haise, what-"

"I know you're still in love with Kaneki." Your eyes widen from his sudden statement, you open your mouth to say something but he beats you to it. "I can just tell from the way you look at him, you still love him. How he saved Chiaki yesterday, how he has done all of this for you. The real reason why he left, I know you still do."

Looking down at your intertwined hands you felt guilty because he did still love Kaneki. "Haise, I'm-"

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's not my fault, it's not Kaneki's fault. That's what love is and you can't control it. I am a little bit jealous though because Kaneki has so much going for him and that's all I've ever wanted. But it turns out we're just not meant to be."

"Haise what are you saying?" Haise looks up at you before he leans over and kisses you on the forehead. "Thank you for allowing me to love you. For allowing me to make you happy and for being able to be with your kids, but there's no need to continue our relationship now. You belong with Kaneki."

You look down at your hands sadly, Haise has given you so much love and so much happiness you felt terrible for having it end like this. "I should be thanking you for everything Haise. I wouldn't be this happy if it weren't for you."

Haise stood up and smiled, leaning down to kiss you on the lips once more, "I'm glad I could help." His hands slowly slipped away from yours and he walked towards the door, "I called Kaneki and let him know I was leaving so he could come stay by your side." Haise looked over at you once more with a smile, "I love you (F/N)."

You smiled back with tears in your eyes, "I love you too."

-

Haise moved out of the house and Kaneki moved in with you and the kids. Kaneki gave Haise the biggest and warmest thank you ever for being able to help his family through all the messes he's made.

It was bittersweet to see Haise go, but you wished him luck on his upcoming future adventure. You told him he could always call and visit when he wanted because you and the kids would always love him.

Kaneki didn't have too much trouble adjusting to his new life though he did spend most of his time trying to bond with his kids.

"I'm glad you're back," You say one night as you had gotten the boys asleep. Walking over to Kaneki you hug him from the behind, snaking your arms over his chest. Kaneki smiled and placed his hands over yours, "I'm glad to be back. Sorry for taking so long to get to you." You shook your head and he turned around to kiss you on the lips.

"It's been quite a while since I've kissed you, I've missed it." You giggle as he pulled you closer and gave you more kisses. "Kaneki, stop it~" You laugh as he continued to press kisses onto your face.

Picking you up, he ran into the bedroom and prepared you for a long and eventful night.

-

Haise sat down at a local cafe and looked out the window to the beautiful city of Tokyo during the day. His work at the CCG was getting difficult but when he moved back to the Quinx squad, they wasted no time into welcoming him back.

A hot cup of black coffee was placed on the table in front of him and Haise looked up to be met with the beauty of a soft blue haired woman, "Tough day? I thought you'd enjoy this."

He smiled up at her, taking in the scent of the coffee, "Thank you."

~ THE END ~