Chapter 53

Next week are the last chapters! I will publish both Kaneki and Haise's ending next week so you get two chapters instead of one! It's a two for one deal!

Thank you for all the support you've given me for this book!

---------------------

To: ???

From: ???

'There's going to be a welcoming party at the CCG, hope you can make it.'

-

"Haise, Chiaki, Izuki, let's go take pictures." You say as you grab onto Chiaki's small hand leading him over towards where Konoha was waiting patiently with a camera. Haise glanced at Konoha but then looked back at you with an arched brow.

"Konoha? Why would you go with her? You do remember what she did right?" Haise asks and you nod your head, "I remember, but she came to apologize to me already. Plus, It's just pictures, what could go wrong?"

Haise pursed his lips tightly as he walked with Izuki toward Konoha, where she walked down the hall towards a more secluded area. "I apologize for the walk, I just need to make sure that the lighting will be at it's best," Konoha stated as she turned into a large dark room.

You walked into the large room, a nervous feeling spreading around you as you held onto Chiaki's hand tighter. Konoha turned the lights on and closed the door behind her as she walked in front of the four of you with a chilling smile on her face.

"Um, Konoha, what's with this setting?" You ask wary as she let out a chuckle, "Don't worry about it (F/N)-san~" Konoha replied as you look up at Haise in worry. Konoha pointed her camera at the four of you with a smile until she brought it back down, her smile fading.

"I didn't take you here for a photo shoot. There is no photo shoot, there is no camera," Konoha stated as she looked you dead in the eye. Your eyes widened and you looked around before looking at her, "Konoha, what are you saying?"

"I wanted you and Chiaki alone, away from other people so I lied and told you about the photoshoot... And my plan worked!" She let out an evil laugh as her camera turned into a large and glowing quinque.

"I let your husband Kaneki know about this party and lied that you sent the text message. Once I kill you and Chiaki, I'll put the blame on him because he's a ghoul too!" Her evil laughter grew louder as she raised her quinque, "Bye bye."

Slamming it on the ground, Haise quickly pushed you and Chiaki away as he grabbed onto Izuki and pulled him away from the quinque. "Oh, you dodged it."

Izuki pulled out his small quinque and activated it to grow it larger as he ran over towards you and blocked the incoming hit that Konoha had sent. "Ugh, I should have grabbed you and the child alone, now I have to deal with this annoying kid."

Konoha sent another blow towards Izuki that he deflected as well, but since she had much more power, it sent him flying to the other side. Haise gasped and quickly activated his kagune as he ran over and safely caught Izuki in his arms.

"Izuki!" You screamed as you looked up from covering Chiaki with your arms. Konoha walked closer to you and whipped her quinque to the side as she stopped and gave you a chilling smile, "You belong in hell with the other ghouls~" She raised her arm to send another flying blow, but was hit with a large piece of metal that sent her flying to the other side.

Looking up, you see Kaneki and his red kagune behind him as he ran over towards you. "I got your message." You shook your head and quickly stood up when he helped you, "No, Konoha sent that as a trap, but I'm glad she did. I would've died."

"Where did you come from?" You ask him and Kaneki gestures towards the broken window and you nod in response. "We need to run! Quick!" Just as you were about to take a step closer towards the door, Konoha's quinque slams in front of you and breaks the wall, causing the building to shake a bit.

She stands up with two quinques in her hands before she runs and begins aiming for you and Chiaki again. Thankfully, Haise and Kaneki are there to help block some of the blows from reaching you and Chiaki.

"(F/N), head for the exit!" Haise yells as you take Chiaki and Izuki's hands. "Okay!" You begin running behind the men towards the door as they continue to block the quinques from reaching you.

"Not so fast!" Konoha runs and jumps over Haise and Kaneki before she makes a hit towards you.

"(F/N)!"

-

Akira stumbles on her feet as the building shakes roughly after what sounded like a bomb going off. People were being escorted out of the building so that the building could be investigated thoroughly to find where the incident was.

Dusting her skirt off, she gives orders around to help the civilians before she orders investigators to split up and search around the CCG.

Looking around, she notices the slight smokey dust that comes from a secluded hallway. Grabbing her quinque, she makes her way down the hallway with her arm covering her nose and mouth.

-

Debris and dust were surrounding the air as you cough the dust away, opening your eyes to see the floor crushed and Chiaki and Izuki a few feet from you. From the looks of it, Konoha had missed and slammed her quinque into the floor.

Your heart races as you wince in pain, placing a hand on your stomach. You hit the floor a little hard from the blow Konoha made, you hope your baby was still safe.

"It appears I missed," Konoha states as she looks down at you, Kaneki and Haise a few feet away running over to you. Konoha slams her quinque onto the ground behind her to prevent Kaneki and Haise from reaching you.

"I'd love to kill you, but there are matters I must attend." Konoha says with an evil smile as she runs away from you, towards someone else.

Your eyes widen as you see Konoha running towards Chiaki who was lying on the floor. She jumps up and prepares her blow before sending it straight for the small male on the floor.

Everything happened in slow motion; you saw Kaneki running over towards Chiaki in slow motion as her sharp and strong quinque aims straight for him. With one step, Kaneki manages to stop the blow from hitting Chiaki.

But Kaneki stops the quinque with his own body.

"KANEKI!"